+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4188080;
    My dog lost several St. Francis tags off his collar--never the other tags, just the St. Francis medals. After he lost the third one, one of my friends said, "I think he's trying to tell you he's Protestant."
    Now that is funny. Maybe he was passing them out to friends who needed them more than he did.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've found out that a couple of my gurls like Payday candy bars. I had one, partially eaten, and found them (Chloe and Celie) having a lick-fest when I wasn't looking. They seem to like the sweet, but I'm sure they like the salt from the peanuts, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4188109;
    Now that is funny. Maybe he was passing them out to friends who needed them more than he did.
    Someone on our normal walk route found one that he had apparently lost in the snow (they found it while doing spring raking). As it was an I.D. tag, it had his name and my phone number on it. The person who found it called and asked for the dog, not realizing the name referred to a dog rather than a person. There was a bit of confusion until I realized what they were calling about and they realized that while they didn't know me (or him) by name, they had seen me and my dog walk by their house regularly.

I've also learned the hard way that if your dog has white neck fur, you really have to get the brass or gold-plated tags, because the pewter ones will leave a big grey streak on white fur.

I'm puppy-sitting my friend's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and I just took her for a walk around our block... I got most of the salt off, but does anyone have any tips for getting pine sap out of dog fur? Thanks!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4190561;
    I'm puppy-sitting my friend's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and I just took her for a walk around our block... I got most of the salt off, but does anyone have any tips for getting pine sap out of dog fur? Thanks!
    Depends on how much sap the dog has on it. When we had our English Springer Spaniel we used either butter or peanut butter. Just use your finger tips and rub it in and it should dissolve the sap. The dog will smell like peanut butter until you give the dog a bath

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

We brought our pooch Cheyenne to the groomer's for the first time today. We've had her just a little over a year and have just been bathing her in the tub when needed. She's a very friendly dog but I wasn't quite sure how she would be for the groomers. The owner's miniature poodle was quite enamored of her and tried to mount her several times when we were bringing her in. She seemed a little nervous when we were leaving. When we picked her up the groomer said she was a doll. They gave her a pretty pink bandana and two little pink bows on her ears. She smells so good!

Pretty girl!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Love that dog! What a great looking girl.

What a pretty girl!! She takes great pictures!

"Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread