+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1138Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I don't think I've posted a picture of both my babies before. They have been in my avatar individually, though, at some point. Anyway, here are my babies Stella (to the right) and Saga (old-fashioned Swedish name) hanging out on their favourite sofa:

They turned three in the beginning of June - or at least that's their estimated birthday. Since I got them from a shelter for abandoned and/or mistreated cats, there's no telling exactly how old they are, but they were just out of their kittenish stage (fully grown but still very playful) when my fianc and I took them home two years ago. They're still a bit jumpy around new people, but they've transformed so much in the two years we've had the honour of having them. They sleep in our bed every night, curl up on my lap when I read or watch TV and always have to be in the same room as me - including the little girls' room Saga has even found a way to open doors just to make sure she isn't missing out on anything exciting. (Is that a common thing for cats to do? I'd like to believe that my cat is a genius, obviously..) It's just heart-warming to see how two little individuals who got such a rough start in life are able to trust and love humans again.

Two other pics:

As you can see, they're not too amused by the camera. We're working on getting them more used to cameras, though, and once we've succeeded, the next edition of America's Next Top Pet Model will have to go international

PS: Note the Mammoth Guide to Sex, Drugs and Rock'n'Roll just behind Stella in the last pic! Very entertaining book
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Your cats look just like Midnight the bringer of only half dead things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Really? Cool! Clearly, Midnight is one handsome cat. Mine only bring me toys - and the occasional garment - they've chewed to pieces though One of the benefits of keeping your cats in the apartment. I'd hate it to see my babies' killer instinct come out, even though I know they're there.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    That's hilarious, because the cat that only brought me half-dead things was all black as well.

Beautiful babies, geekthegirl. I love black cats.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Star's story reminded me of something my mother has taken to doing, which cracks me up. Her cats have begun creeping up near her head while she's in bed, and sleeping near her face, which trigger allergies. So she has started surrounding herself with coat hangers, while she sleeps, because she decided the cats wouldn't want to sleep on coat hangers and thus would not sleep near her face. I'm waiting for her to roll over and poke out an eye.
    OMG, Lucy, I'm laughing my @ss off! I'm so loud that my daughter just asked what I was laughing at! I can just picture your mother lying in bed surrounded by coat hangers!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

giz
    I went to close my son's curtains at dusk tonight, and saw a furry shape going into the greenhouse. I thought it was a tabby and then I realised it was too hippy. Raccoons! I called my family and all four of us stood watching all four of them (mum and 3 little ones). Eventually they stopped eating our grapes (they can have 'em, we never water them enough and they're too bitter for us spoiled humans), and came out. They saw us watching them, and momma herded up the little ones and disappeared through a hole in the hedge. It was really cool. I wonder what they think of us?

Whatsa matter idiots, never seen a raccoon eat a grape before? Thats what momma raccoon was probably thinking.......
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I have two foster kitties now, and the head of the group admitted that despite my manhattan studio, he thought it was funny to give me thhe two biggest cats. I've had one since june, the other a couple weeks. Last night, well - it will be hard when they leave now! I lay down on m ybed for a moment after work, and suddenly I have the 15 pounder draped across my chest purring away and pushing me with her giant melon sized soft paws, and the other sprawled right next to me - I was a kitty sandwich. IT was sweet, one of the first times they didn't fight (until the one that was next to me rolled over stretching and noticed the other cat on top of me- then she got mad and made some futile swats just for show)

Sweet kitties, yet not kittens so they won't get adopted anytime soon.

giz
    Our cat is tall and wide, and weighs almost 20 pounds. It's nice when he sits on my lap for about half and hour and then he gets too heavy. I'm wondering if I leave him there for longer, could he compress some of the Thanksgiving fat I've accumulated?

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Our cat is tall and wide, and weighs almost 20 pounds. It's nice when he sits on my lap for about half and hour and then he gets too heavy. I'm wondering if I leave him there for longer, could he compress some of the Thanksgiving fat I've accumulated?

I 've tried that with joey giz. Sorry to say it doesnot work.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread