+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Amelia was missing for about 3 hours this afternoon... I was frantic! I went outside calling her, looking up into trees, etc. - never heard a peep. Finally after checking every 15 min. she was at the door. Sheesh! She usually hangs out in the mud room and occasionally ventures out into the driveway. I'm way off the road, so that wasn't a worry, but they've been saying in the news how wild animals are coming closer into towns because of the crazy winter. Well, she's attacking my feet now.
    Count your blessings!

Oh Gut, how scary I'm glad to hear she's safe sound and attacking!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Keep your baby indoors!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4187252;
    Keep your baby indoors!
    Amen to that. Mona and Joey are/is indoor only!

Mona would walk in the hall of the apartment building with me but only to the elevator and back.

Joey hates the door being open. good for him.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

I once "lost" my neighbor's cat. I knew he couldn't possibly have gotten out of the apartment, but I couldn't see him anywhere. I finally found him asleep in my three-quart saucepan in a low kitchen cupboard. Apparently he'd crawled in there while I was putting dishes away after washing them, and I just never noticed--and he didn't feel compelled to let me know I'd accidentally shut him in the cupboard.

The same cat also jumped into the shower with me. He tried to catch a typewriter hammer too and got a small e printed on his nose as a result. Fortunately, his owner thought that was pretty funny, and it did eventually wear off. He never came close to that typewriter again, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4187521;
    I once "lost" my neighbor's cat. I knew he couldn't possibly have gotten out of the apartment, but I couldn't see him anywhere. I finally found him asleep in my three-quart saucepan in a low kitchen cupboard. Apparently he'd crawled in there while I was putting dishes away after washing them, and I just never noticed--and he didn't feel compelled to let me know I'd accidentally shut him in the cupboard.

The same cat also jumped into the shower with me. He tried to catch a typewriter hammer too and got a small e printed on his nose as a result. Fortunately, his owner thought that was pretty funny, and it did eventually wear off. He never came close to that typewriter again, however.
    Thanks for the Actually for a couple of them. Kitties are so funny!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4187623;
    Thanks for the Actually for a couple of them. Kitties are so funny!
    Mozart, the cat in question, isn't even close to the weirdest/funniest cat I've ever encountered. My sister has had two pairs of sister cats on two separate occasions, and they were all passing strange. Honestly, after the second pair, I'm not sure if it's the cats themselves or if my sister just has some odd effect on cats that makes them do things like steal spare change and hide it in the base of the cat tree (she once found over thirteen dollars in change in the cat tree) or drop change into the toilet to watch it spin around.

I don't have cats myself, but last night, while I was at choir practice, my dog somehow opened my zippered briefcase, carefully removed some journals/magazines from it, set them aside, found a plastic bag with a piece of candy left in it, got that out, opened the bag without ripping it, and ate the candy. But I understand why he would do that. I'm afraid I don't understand why a cat would drop change in a toilet, unless she was confusing it with a wishing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4187750;
    Mozart, the cat in question, isn't even close to the weirdest/funniest cat I've ever encountered. My sister has had two pairs of sister cats on two separate occasions, and they were all passing strange. Honestly, after the second pair, I'm not sure if it's the cats themselves or if my sister just has some odd effect on cats that makes them do things like steal spare change and hide it in the base of the cat tree (she once found over thirteen dollars in change in the cat tree) or drop change into the toilet to watch it spin around.

I don't have cats myself, but last night, while I was at choir practice, my dog somehow opened my zippered briefcase, carefully removed some journals/magazines from it, set them aside, found a plastic bag with a piece of candy left in it, got that out, opened the bag without ripping it, and ate the candy. But I understand why he would do that. I'm afraid I don't understand why a cat would drop change in a toilet, unless she was confusing it with a wishing well.
    Your delivery of the cats stories is hilarious. I needed the laughs after a long, tough day! My Buddy and Tiny were quite charming as kittens. They were inside and outside cats so once in a while they would catch their collars on something and they would fall off. Without fail for about a year, both cats would bring their collars to the back door and set them on the porch!

Those coins going missing is too much.

Gut, glad your kitty showed back up. Our cats got lost when they were about a year and a half old for four days. My kids were heartbroken and we looked everywhere for them. On the fourth day my neighbor called to say that she thought she heard cats under her house! We raced up there and opened her access door and they raced out! They couldn't eat anything because they had not wanted to go to the bathroom for all that time, their poor bellies were in distress. Eventually it all worked out. Evidently the neighbors had that door open to stow something away and our curious cats must have wandered in and taken naps. They got locked in.

My cats have always been indoor/outdoor. I'm wondering if she climbed a tree and couldn't figure out how to get down. She loves her carpeted tree, but it has ledges. When it got dark, I turned on the light in the mud room and she came in soon after. She only went out for a couple of minutes this morning. May have been a good lesson.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4187831;
    Your delivery of the cats stories is hilarious. I needed the laughs after a long, tough day! My Buddy and Tiny were quite charming as kittens. They were inside and outside cats so once in a while they would catch their collars on something and they would fall off. Without fail for about a year, both cats would bring their collars to the back door and set them on the porch!

Those coins going missing is too much.
    The only reason my sister figured out that the cats had been stealing money is that she saw one of them race through the room with a dollar bill in her mouth. When she came out of the base of the cat tree without it, my sister took a flashlight and went looking for it and discovered they'd been stealing change--apparently from the dish on her dresser--for quite some time. It was kind of the same thing with the toilet. She kept finding change in the toilet and had no idea why until she caught one of the cats dropping a dime into the toilet and watching it spin. And that's only the tip of the iceberg on strange behavior with those two cats.

My dog lost several St. Francis tags off his collar--never the other tags, just the St. Francis medals. After he lost the third one, one of my friends said, "I think he's trying to tell you he's Protestant."
    Last edited by Unklescott; 02-10-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: to fix a quote tag

+ Reply to Thread