+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

GuardianAngel!!! How adorable! Have fun and keep us posted!
    Count your blessings!

still dealing with Dozer's aftermath of the Cruciate surgery. He keeps 'agravating' it. We won't play with him and he is going nuts. So we try 'geriatric' games where he has to lay on the floor and we will play gentle 'tug of war'.
    I had to take him in to the vet because he was doing good, and then using it it was making a clicking noise. So had the vet look at it. By the time they were done 'manipulating' it as a test, he wasn't using it again. But she said he had some fluid, so took some out (needle) and sent for a culture. He has been wonderful about taking his pain and joint pills, but they gave him a new antibiotic. Supposed to be chewable liver flavored. HE HATED IT. with a passion. and once we tried to give him that he refused anything resembling pills. We tried, and ruined quite a few in the process.
    and then the culture came back positive so we have to get antibiotics in him.
    So we got the original ones he could tolerate (capsule type) and he is taking his pills again. and was almost back to using it and hurt it again.

he is petrified of the vet's office. Hiding under benches and chairs, or behind my legs just whining and shaking. This is a 70 lb WORKING DOG.

this is just taking forever and he wants to play SO BAD.

on top of that, last night, late night - I heard horrible sounds outside - not close, but probably a block away. Not my boy, he is tucked away in his 'bed'. but OMG it sounded like an animal just screaming. I'm thinking some kind of wild animal got hold of a dog or something in our area. Now I'm afraid to let Dozer out the back door without going out with him. He never stays out long, but I had nightmares after hearing those sounds last night.

I'm gonna be a wreck by the time he gets better. just venting.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4167808;
    New: Glad to hear he is doing well.

Tomorrow I pick up my 10 week old Shih Tzu. Louie will have a baby sister. I don't know what he's going to think about that just yet, but we shall see.

I have been looking for a shih tzu rescue for the last couple of years. It just wasn't happening. The only choice I've had in two years is a brother and sister they wanted to send to forever homes together, and a little guy who needed to be in a home with no children or pets. Neither of those situations would have worked for me.

I named her Sophie and she's in my avi.
    How exciting! She is a cutie pie and will be so fun to spoil. :

Alyssa's kitten Amy is now with me. Her boyfriend drove up from Miami with her this week-end. Can't get over the irony that I told her she couldn't bring any more strays into this house and now I have Amy. What I wouldn't give to have my girl ask if this sweet cat could live with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4171114;
    Alyssa's kitten Amy is now with me. Her boyfriend drove up from Miami with her this week-end. Can't get over the irony that I told her she couldn't bring any more strays into this house and now I have Amy. What I wouldn't give to have my girl ask if this sweet cat could live with us.
    Hi Bunny, you must have been reading my mind. I woke up this morning thinking about you and wondering what had happened to Amy. I am glad to read that she is with you.

Its nice to see you here Bunny, we've all had you in our thoughts. How old is the kitten? My first thought when I read your post was there was a comforting feeling knowing you have Amy. I hope she somehow helps you through this very difficult time.

Bunny,

Glad to see you back.
    How wonderful to have Amy. What a bond the 2 of you will have now.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4171114;
    Amy is a ball of beauty just like Alyssa. Enjoy her everyday Bunny!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4175858;
    Amy is a ball of beauty just like Alyssa. Enjoy her everyday Bunny!
    I am

Thanks norealityhere GuardianAangel and Cootie
    Last edited by Bunny555; 02-03-2011 at 12:20 AM.

My new puppie, Sophie is a ball of energy. She loves Louie my 4 yr old Shih Tzu, he not so much. I've had her for a week now. At first he just stood there while she sniffed jumped and tried to get him to play. After several days, he started playing back. I'm assuming its playing, his tail is wagging. She just doesn't give up, she tumbles, rolls, jumps, and takes swipes at him, and he is playing along with her. They chase each other, and it seems like they are playing. He is the only dog I've ever had. How will I know if he's getting ticked off?

Last night while they were playing, he barked at her, and she barked right back. 10 weeks old and that was the first time I heard her bark. I'm trying to teach her "down", I want the jumping to stop. Its funny, when she's in her crate, he checks up on her, roams around the house sniffing her toys she played with I've been doing alot of research on how to introduce a new puppy to your dog.

I think he has figured out now, he can jump on the couch to get away from her. I'm giving him tons of attention and have not changed his routine, because he is a sucky baby and spoiled rotten.

+ Reply to Thread