+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

My thoughts are with you ClosetRTWatcher, I do know how hard it is.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4165270;
    None of the cats I've ever had have been attracted to catnip.
    I bet if I sent them some of my 'homegrown' they would like it. I've had several people tell me it won't work on their cat, and come back later and tell me how crazy it made him! (I prune it allthe time and dry the trimmings, which I make into little kitty-nip 'ravioli". )
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4166054;
    I bet if I sent them some of my 'homegrown'
    I haven't heard that term in years.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4156184;
    My dog, Jack, has been limping lately. He's almost 12 years old and a mix of chow, lab and german shepherd. Was pretty sure it was arthritis, which the vet confirmed today: lower spine and right hip. Don't want to face his mortality, although he did beat cancer last year. Wish we never had to say goodbye to our pets.
    My boy Gustav (a male Newf, nearly 12 years old) was diagnosed with arthritis in his spine about 14 months ago. I put him on glucosamine and one Ascriptin a day, and it's made a big difference in the quality of his life. I have to help him up sometimes (mostly just to steady him and to help rotate his back end from sitting to standing), and he has to think about the four steps leading from the door to the great outdoors, but he still has some independence and still loves life (especially meals!)
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;4166115;
    My boy Gustav (a male Newf, nearly 12 years old) was diagnosed with arthritis in his spine about 14 months ago. I put him on glucosamine and one Ascriptin a day, and it's made a big difference in the quality of his life. I have to help him up sometimes (mostly just to steady him and to help rotate his back end from sitting to standing), and he has to think about the four steps leading from the door to the great outdoors, but he still has some independence and still loves life (especially meals!)
    Yes, Jack is also (and has been for quite awhile, as are the other dogs) on the Glucosamine and anti-inflamatory meds. I'm hoping it'll ease the discomfort soon. He still looks good and eats well but the cancer that was in remission may come back. I just am grateful for everyday with him.

This is why we have 3 large dogs now. When Jack lost his good friend (heart problems), it was heartbreaking to watch him grieve. We're hoping if there is at least 2 dogs left, it'll be easier on them. Nothing will help our broken hearts but at least we understand why they're gone.
    And silly us, we'll probably get at least one more dog....all our dogs are rescues that need homes. We just put the word out and soon someone knows someone who knows of a dog needing a family. It seems like rescue dogs spend their whole life being grateful but it's us who are the lucky ones for having them in our lives.

QueenB,

Why am I not surprised that you have "homegrown" catnip!!

I cannot imagine Monet getting "pepped up", but it sure would be interesting!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Send me Monet's adress, and I'll send him a kitty toy. Actually, anyone with kitties here can PM their kitty's address and I'll send them one. I gave them out free at the last cat show I sold items at, and the place had some of the happiest kitties you ever saw. I was at the Somali cat right in front of my booth; his mommy actually had to take his little toy away because he was going so nutty in his cage.

For those who think it's funny--anything that happened more than fifteen years ago is a rumor. But I used to grow all kinds of um, things, and still like to garden.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;4166115;
    Sounds like Mr. Gustav is still doing well Newfherder! Thanks for the update.

New: Glad to hear he is doing well.

Tomorrow I pick up my 10 week old Shih Tzu. Louie will have a baby sister. I don't know what he's going to think about that just yet, but we shall see.

I have been looking for a shih tzu rescue for the last couple of years. It just wasn't happening. The only choice I've had in two years is a brother and sister they wanted to send to forever homes together, and a little guy who needed to be in a home with no children or pets. Neither of those situations would have worked for me.

I named her Sophie and she's in my avi.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4167616;

For those who think it's funny--anything that happened more than fifteen years ago is a rumor. But I used to grow all kinds of um, things, and still like to garden.

I intend to use that line, and often!!!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread