+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Closet: Awww I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish you and your family find the strength to deal with this.

Sugar: What a touching story, thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4162723;
    queenb - Maybe I'll try that. Smokey, so far, has shown absolutely no interest whatsoever in catnip. But then, I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a dog, so that might be it.
    Lots of cats don't react to it until they are almost a year old, for some reason.
    CRTWatcher..
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4164123;
    Lots of cats don't react to it until they are almost a year old, for some reason.
    CRTWatcher..
    Do you think that might be related to hormones, since that's around the age they mature physically? Just wondering, I have cats and am considering growing catnip as well. Mine have been spayed and neutered, and I wonder if it'll affect their reaction to it.

I don't want to plant it outside because I've been told since it's a type of mint it will grow like crazy. I don't want cats from all over coming over to play!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Dear Closet, I am sooo sorry. Have been through this before and am doing so now with one dog. We didn't opt for chemotherapy for the very reasons you stated here. It's just a wait-and-watch game right now. I'm so sorry.

SugarMama: I have known/felt that breeze and feeling also. It's real. Your heart told you the truth.

I'm so sorry Closet. Like Unk would say, cancer sucks.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Yes it does.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I think it helps a bit just to talk about it. My teenagers are handling the news well, but my 10 year old is really broken up over it. I haven't even had the discussion with my 6 year old yet, I'm planning to tackle that tonight.

SugarMama - Thanks for your story. I can only hope that I achieve a similar sense of peace. I know when we make the decision it will be what is best for him. Mastiffs generally live 8-10 years, so he really has lived a full life. He is just the sweetest and most mellow dog, and he has been a wonderful addition to our family.

dragonlady - I'm so sorry to hear that you are dealing with the same decision for a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama;4164233;
    Do you think that might be related to hormones, since that's around the age they mature physically? Just wondering, I have cats and am considering growing catnip as well. Mine have been spayed and neutered, and I wonder if it'll affect their reaction to it.
    !
    It affects spayed and neutered cats just the same. Maybe there are other non sexual hormones involved. Who knows? All I know is Rory doesnb't need catnip anyway,as he is 90 miles an hour almost all the time he's awake. I've got to find a buddy for him SOON, he won't quit pestering BooBoo and has even knocked her down a time or two. I'm very surprised that she just growls and hasn't bitten him but about twice, because he just doen't stop once hew gets going.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

None of the cats I've ever had have been attracted to catnip.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm such an animal lover - I have two dogs and four cats! My cats consist of:

two "walk-ins" at different times in the same year, and they love and groom each other, I have to wonder if they're sisters. But they're getting some age on them (12 years)

two "dumps" two lively brothers, one with 6 toes on each paw...they're the funniest cats ever, and they also groom each other.

We have a golden retriever mix (THE funniest personality) and a 5-lb Maltese

They all get along and play together so well, it really lightens up our household! Okay, there's a lot of scooping of litter and cleaning of hairballs, a lot of brushing and vacuuming up hair....but I'd not trade it for anything. We have a rich life!

Did I mention the children?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread