+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Ok, this freaked me out! I have my entire house furnished in that relatively new "cappucino" finish- re. almost black. So I put Advantage flea treatment on my baby, Tigger, a beautiful peach and snow white kitty, and he decided to sleep on my cappucino table. Next morning, I found a spot on my table completely stripped of it's finish, and a matching dark spot on my Tigger! So I am like WTF! Sorry, but how can I continue to put this on my baby, when it is capable of stripping the finish off my table!? Anyone else have concerns? Not about the stupid table, I can fix that, but what's it doing to Tigger?
    Go Tigers!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    My jack russell can sometimes be really funny. Tonight, I decided to make tacos and had grated cheddar cheese and chopped up an onion, a tomato, and an avocado and was simmering some ground beef. Next thing I know, the dog is in the kitchen, crouching down and alternately barking at the cheese and the beef. I think she wanted to make sure I knew she would like some of each. Silly girl. You would have thought there was a burglar on the cutting board and in the pan.
    Mariner, I'm giggling here in Boston, just imagining that scene unfold. I meant to tell you that earlier -- you described it very well and I can picture Libby doing all that!!

What a hot ticket she is!!!!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    Ok, this freaked me out! I have my entire house furnished in that relatively new "cappucino" finish- re. almost black. So I put Advantage flea treatment on my baby, Tigger, a beautiful peach and snow white kitty, and he decided to sleep on my cappucino table. Next morning, I found a spot on my table completely stripped of it's finish, and a matching dark spot on my Tigger! So I am like WTF! Sorry, but how can I continue to put this on my baby, when it is capable of stripping the finish off my table!? Anyone else have concerns? Not about the stupid table, I can fix that, but what's it doing to Tigger?
    I use Frontline on my dogs and have had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I use Frontline on my dogs and have had no problems.
    Yeah, so I thought too, I have used that Advantage for years, just never allowed one of my babys on the table before now. I'm just a little freaked out.
    Going to "good wood " to get some touch up for the table. But what about my kitty?
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    giz. At least your cat has the good sense to give you "presents" that are already dead. My childhood cat thought it was better to bring them home half dead so that they could escape and run aroud the house for awhile. The worst was when she brought home a bird she'd caught that ended up flying around the storage room for three days before we could catch it.
    Oh gosh, Mariner. I had a kitty that once brought a mouse and deposited it on my bed one night...while it was still alive. It commenced to running all over my bed (thank goodness I hadn't fallen asleep yet or it could have been running all over me in my sleep!! ) while I jumped up, squealing and screaming. If I'd had a skirt and bloomers on, I probably would have strongly resembled the women from the old cartoons that would jump up on desks and chairs when Speedy Gonzalez would stroll through the room.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Star's story reminded me of something my mother has taken to doing, which cracks me up. Her cats have begun creeping up near her head while she's in bed, and sleeping near her face, which trigger allergies. So she has started surrounding herself with coat hangers, while she sleeps, because she decided the cats wouldn't want to sleep on coat hangers and thus would not sleep near her face. I'm waiting for her to roll over and poke out an eye.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Star's story reminded me of something my mother has taken to doing, which cracks me up. Her cats have begun creeping up near her head while she's in bed, and sleeping near her face, which trigger allergies. So she has started surrounding herself with coat hangers, while she sleeps, because she decided the cats wouldn't want to sleep on coat hangers and thus would not sleep near her face. I'm waiting for her to roll over and poke out an eye.
    Lucy, I'm dying laughing here over the image of all those hangers! The things we do for our cats. My cats would just get up on the bed and play with/chew on the hangers!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wolf & Gabriel - thanks for your kind comments on our pictures.

We've never tried the Advantage or Frontline flea meds but both of our dogs have been on "Sentinel" for years. It's a once a month pill that prevents heartworms and fleas. We've been really happy with the results. I'm pretty sure that it is available for cats too.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Oh gosh, Mariner. I had a kitty that once brought a mouse and deposited it on my bed one night...while it was still alive. It commenced to running all over my bed (thank goodness I hadn't fallen asleep yet or it could have been running all over me in my sleep!! ) while I jumped up, squealing and screaming. If I'd had a skirt and bloomers on, I probably would have strongly resembled the women from the old cartoons that would jump up on desks and chairs when Speedy Gonzalez would stroll through the room.
    Aack. I would have been running around screaming. Midnight (the offending cat) used to let things loose and literally bat them about. She also used to bat my nose at 5:30 am to get me up to feed her. She knew who the soft touch in the house was. Because I had to catch the bus to school at 7:15, it was almost time to get up anyway but damn it hurt.

As for the hanger solution, I really would end up gouging an eye out. One of my dearly departed cats used to have a wet hair fetish. If you took a shower, he'd get up on your head and knead your wet hair with both front paws while rubbing his face in your hair. Yeah, it was weird. Even when my hair was dry, I'd often wake up with him sleeping on top of my head.
    Last edited by Mariner; 10-05-2005 at 04:46 AM.

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Thanks Lucy, that made my day. I will be giggling til tomorrow about that. What a mental image! Our horrible fat beast, er darling moggy, likes to go out late at night, refuse to come back in, and then climb up onto our bedroom window sill and knock and shout until we let him in. I have dark circles this morning, having gotten almost no sleep due to the knocking, and also due to our son deciding to sleep with us (he's 5), and then snoring for the rest of the night. (I still don't understand how someone with furry mittens on could make so much noise).

+ Reply to Thread