+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Happy Birthday youngster... ever think of dating a 15 yr old? I don't have my parts anymore but I could teach you to eat DORITOS.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks guys. He's doing so much better. I finally looked it up and he has a corneal ulcer (scratch on his eye) and the doctor did a debridement on the eye which is sloughing off the eye layer with a medicated swab. His eye had to be numbed to do it. So far, he's been fine ever since. I am still taking him in Tues b/c the doc was worried that it hadn't already healed as it had been 8-9 days already. I think he rescratched it or irritated again. But he's not doing it anymore. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;4143243;
    Thanks guys. He's doing so much better. I finally looked it up and he has a corneal ulcer (scratch on his eye) and the doctor did a debridement on the eye which is sloughing off the eye layer with a medicated swab. His eye had to be numbed to do it. So far, he's been fine ever since. I am still taking him in Tues b/c the doc was worried that it hadn't already healed as it had been 8-9 days already. I think he rescratched it or irritated again. But he's not doing it anymore. Yay!
    Thank you for the update on Buddy.

Yay, PGM...as I read along I was thinking "retinal detachment" and so forth so I'm glad that's not the case!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Has anyone dealt with feline conjunctivitis? My little boy may have it and I'm a bit freaked out. I'll be calling in the morning to see if I can get him in to the vet tomorrow, but I'm wondering what I'm facing. He's also sneezing a bit, so this could just be cold related. Last night, the corner of his eye was just the tiniest bit pink, so I decided to watch him for a day to see if it would go away. I can be a bit of a hysterical mother, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining things. I wasn't and it's gotten a bit worse. He doesn't look uncomfortable, but he's been rubbing his eye a bit and squinting a little tonight.

I made the huge mistake of googling about it and then scared the crap out of myself. Some articles talk about long-term treatment and care by a feline ophthalmologist and possible vision problems I know conjunctivitis is contagious, so I'm hoping my other cat doesn't contract it too. That's all I need!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Let us know what the Vet says please. It is very contagious and he needs treatment now. I fortunately have not had to deal with that.

Critical, BooBoo has a chronic eye problem that pops up every 6 weeks to 3 months; it's about the same thing and could get nasty if untreated. I did end up having entropion (eyelid turning in) surgury done on her which cut back on the incidence. Done with a laser it's not too expensive or traumatic. Anyway, back to your question, my vet prescribes me an antibacterial eyedrop, but also says human slaine eyedrops are ok for cats. Opthamalic ointments are ok for kitties too. Hopefully he just got something in there, in which case the saline drops might help. However if his eye shows any swelling or looks redder, or gets a white or yellow drip, get to the vet, just to be safe.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Dozer got his stitches out today - the incision and joint are doing great. he is using it sometimes when he walks, other times still holds it up (usually when he is in a hurry). Another 2 weeks before we can start walking him (for now he is mobile, just not a lot). But the poor boy is SO BORED!!! Lot of sighing going on. and I think he just says he has to go outside to the bathroom just because he is bored. It sure wasn't as often as it is now.

so, house will continue to look like box city for another few weeks. We have Amazon boxes on sofas, chairs and beds to keep him from getting up. Good thing I stocked up on the boxes during Christmas season.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I stocked up on boxes, too, and when my daughter goes back to college in a couple of weeks, I'm going to do a project with my Little Sister to make a kind of jungle gym for the kitten with them. She loves that kind of hands-on project.
    Count your blessings!

I have an appointment for Oliver this afternoon. Hopefully, this isn't the chronic type of eye problem and is more the "eye drops for 10 days" eye problem. I can't afford the former, nor (and more importantly) do I want Oliver to have to deal with anything like this for very long.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread