+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4139981;
    Lil Bit, he'll be over it in a day or two; try a tiny piece of Cheddar just in case!
    or DORITOS!

He had a little plate of ham for supper last night, and that seemed to loosen him up a bit.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4139841;
    Unk,that's hillarious!!!

LilBit: I hope everything goes well, I'm sure it will. I was a wreck the day Louie got tutored. By 7pm that evening, he was still groggy, but well enough to eat!

All of a sudden, Louie doesn't want to go down stairs. He is hesitant even going up, but will go up. However, going down, he won't do it??? Why would this be happening all of a sudden? He is normal in every other way. The only thing I can think of is he might have fallen down when I wasn't home? There are only 4 steps.
    He could have fallen or gotten a nail caught in the carpet (if you have carpet). He could have stepped on the nail strip that holds the carpet down. Or just going through the crazies... you know where they won't do something that before they would do...
    Chloe won't walk through doorways where the flooring changes, hardwood to vinyl, she takes a running leap and then looks behind her as if...wow, thank goodness I made it through...

queenb Chloe run laps up and down the stairs.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 01-06-2011 at 01:18 PM.

When I moved into my house, my dog wouldn't go from the carpeted hall to the wood floor to the door to get out. I put a small area rug in the transition area and that helped a lot.
    Count your blessings!

Smokey isn't mad at me any more!

He's laying in my lap right now, allowing me to scratch his ears.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Buddy is back at the vet's. His eye is not getting any better. Needs to keep the Cone of Shame on for 24 hours, 7 days. We are taking him back on Tuesday to see any progress. Its been a week and not improved but different. His eye has one of the "layers" not sticking right. The doc numbed his eye and he said the word but I can't remember what he called it to the eye. Poor Buddy.

oh Buddy! We are sending positive kitty head bumps your way.

awwe...poor Buddy..I hope everything heals up soon

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;4141428;
    Buddy is back at the vet's. His eye is not getting any better. Needs to keep the Cone of Shame on for 24 hours, 7 days. We are taking him back on Tuesday to see any progress. Its been a week and not improved but different. His eye has one of the "layers" not sticking right. The doc numbed his eye and he said the word but I can't remember what he called it to the eye. Poor Buddy.
    My Buddy cat had an eye injury a few years back and it turned out that his bottom eyelid was turned in as a result. He had infections and his eye was partly closed as a result. The vet did surgery on him and now he is back to his regular self! I think it is somewhat common - the surgery was very simple and he healed quickly. I hope that your Buddy can get help as easily. It is so sad to see them hurting.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Spent the day singing "Happy Birthday" to Dez, 2 days ago. She'd actually pay attention when I sang it to her! She's the only gurl I have whose birthdate I actually know....everybody else is a "guesstimate", so we make it MY date of birth. Dez is now 3 years old.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread