+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Boy, am I glad I invested in a carpeted kitty tree. Amelia is up and down that thing 500 times a day. I placed a hand-me-down upholstered chair next to it in case she gets stuck on the higher levels. She uses that for going up and down, or my older cat will sit on it and they'll play with each other through the gap between the seat and the back of the chair with the other cat on the platform at that level. She'll tear around like a madwoman for 20 min. and then zonk out totally at which point you can play with her like silly putty and she won't wake up.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4137383;
    Boy, am I glad I invested in a carpeted kitty tree. Amelia is up and down that thing 500 times a day. I placed a hand-me-down upholstered chair next to it in case she gets stuck on the higher levels. She uses that for going up and down, or my older cat will sit on it and they'll play with each other through the gap between the seat and the back of the chair with the other cat on the platform at that level. She'll tear around like a madwoman for 20 min. and then zonk out totally at which point you can play with her like silly putty and she won't wake up.
    I love the silly putty discription... Is that when you were able to put the hair bow on her ? Too cute...

Calf pictures... they make me smile... the first ones are of the heifer calves, Tree cow and little bull in last two. she has turned out to be a great mom, very protective. You can see Daddy Bull checking them out before they were turned out. He has been a great baby sitter. The bull sometimes rubs his head in mud, and once, He and the 2 heifer calves had all rubbed their heads in mud , wish I had had my camera.
    Little bull is doing great. He will run and buck and blow at us when we clean his stall. Cute at 95 lbs., not so cute when he grows to 1000 lbs. + He and Mom will get turned out to pasture tomorrow, to run and romp with the girls. Elvis will be entering the pasture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by inthegarden; 01-03-2011 at 02:09 PM.

What sweet little babies Inthegarden. Aren't they fun to watch?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I like watching calves too. I also like seeing the big buls, through the fence. Last time L and I went to his great-aunt's house to fish, I got to feed their huge bull stale bagels through the fence and it made my day They let him have a treat to keep him easy to get into the holding pen when they need to.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Had to really clean out Ringo's cage yesterday, not just put down fresh paper at the bottom.
    So, I managed to take off the top. At first, Ringo was really good, but then he flew out. I managed to get him pretty quickly as he hadn't gone too far. Then, suddenly, I noticed he'd flown the coop again. I couldn't find him anywhere.
    Monet came in the living room. I warned him to be good. Fortunately, for a 15 year old male cat, he's anything but Alpha.
    He just kind of cried and left the room.
    I decided to get the step ladder and see if Ringo was perhaps hiding in the curtains or somewhere. When I went to get the stepladder from the kitchen, all of a sudden, I felt like I was in a scene from The Birds!
    Ringo flew right into my head.
    Ringo seems to be very happy back in his cage now.......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Schmoo, I went through the ACL surgery with my lab shepherd three years ago. She hated being confined and really thought every time she went outside was going to be the time we played with her again. Eventually she seemed to get it and it was only sad eyes rather than all out begging when she went out. It was tough on all of us, but it worked SO well. Hubby calls her our bionic dog, I just smile and watch her run. And run. And run. Hang in there!
    Wag more, bark less

inthegarden: You made my morning, those are adorable pictures!

noreality: I had a similar experience with a bird that got into my house years ago! Luckily I was able to shoo him out the kitchen window safely! I'm well aware of the Alfred Hitchcock moment! That was just as bad as the little mouse in my house that I couldn't catch for three days, until I heard him scratching the back of my headboard at 2am!

inthegarden those pictures are so adorable.

Smokey is at the vet this morning getting neutered. I think I'm going to try to get some house cleaning done to keep my mind off him. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4139291;
    Smokey is at the vet this morning getting neutered.
    Don't you mean tutored?

+ Reply to Thread