+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

queenb and Guttmutter glad the new kitties are adapting to their new loving homes.
    Guttmutter I had a cat that I started bathing at a young age and he never minded a bath.
    Ace so glad you were able to find Bandit.
    We've had 3 calves born during this terrible weather. We have been keeping them in the barn, until the snow and ice melts.
    I don't know if you all remember my post about the spring flood washing the dirt out from under one of the pasture trees causing it to fall on one of our bred heifers. We had to keep her in the barn for several months concerned that she would be crippled and were afraid she would lose her calf or it would be still born. She was okay and I am happy to say, that she delivered a very healthy and active bull calf.
    As soon as I feel better I'll post pictures, they are so cute and funny to watch.

I do remember the cow story, ITG...I'm glad mom and baby are ok!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I DO remember the story also. Good to read this latest information.

dragonlady: Thanks for the vid. Too bad he didn't mention what kind of boots they are. I haven't seen those ones yet, they look perfect. I do have that water bottle that he carries. I didn't know he was such a nature/dog lover. Nice vid!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4133737;
    dragonlady: Thanks for the vid. Too bad he didn't mention what kind of boots they are. I haven't seen those ones yet, they look perfect. I do have that water bottle that he carries. I didn't know he was such a nature/dog lover. Nice vid!
    Maybe hiking equipment venues would carry those dog booties.
    Just thought if you saw those, you might be able to identfy them.

Unplanned and unexpected visit to the Vet today - Buddy has a scratched eyeball and needed to get sedated to see if there was something in there doing the scratching. He's fine but sleepy. Now have to put ointment and eyedrops in his eye. Will be fun I'm sure! Any advice on how to put ointment on a dog's eyeball? I know, I know, VERY CAREFULLY.

I did the eye ointment - usually just put on the tip of my finger and then swiped on the lower lid edge.

Today is Dozers surgery (cruciate, pretty much an ACL tear). I know I am over worried about it. Probably because I still have such memories with dealing with a pup going through chemo and stuff. It will probably be fine - just a few weeks of trying to keep him calm. Cattle Dogs are notorius for getting and and wanting to 'work' too soon. We are going to put boxes (most have the Amazon name on them!) on all the furniture that he is used to getting up on. Poor lil guy will not understand, and that is the hardest part for me.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Thanks schmoo! Yesterday I used my finger but it seemed like not much got in there. Today I used the method the doc suggested. Hold eye open, and squeeze a small amount directly on eyeball using the applicator/bottle of medicine. It seemed to work better but I am afraid to irritate the eye with the tip of the applicator. He is snoozing/snoring away now. He got his cone off this morning (early) so I put it back on and he was NOT HAPPY.

I'm sure Dozer will come out of it fine! Will be thinking of him!

Lilttle guy (67 lbs) came through pretty good. He was really doped up until about 1 am. Still a little wary of things, but he is getting around and the vet said it wasn't as bad as she expected, although he did tear the ligament down to just a few threads hanging on.
    Hopefully in a couple weeks he will be walking normally.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

and before you know it.... he will be his old self again.

+ Reply to Thread