+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Queenb, maybe he's one of those new breeds of mutant kittycats! He'll only grow to eight feet!! Time to make him a giant gothic bed that I liked!!

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! The people found a vet to go ahead and neuter the kitty tomorrow, so I get him Thusday
    For those more experienced--if i'm getting a 2nd kitty of about the same age, should I go ahead at the same time, or let this one adjust first?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4131007;
    EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! The people found a vet to go ahead and neuter the kitty tomorrow, so I get him Thusday
    For those more experienced--if i'm getting a 2nd kitty of about the same age, should I go ahead at the same time, or let this one adjust first?
    It might be a handful to get both, but personally if it were me I would do both. What about BOOBOO?

BooBoo will still be the queen of the house, don't you worry! However, I do think having 2 other might be better since "Rory" is so young. He seems very sweet, but the current humans say he can be a ringtil whipper snapper when he's playing just like any youngun. I think BooBoo might like licking the babies on the head and bossing them around, but I KNOW she won't be into rasslin, running, etc!

I vote TWO

If they'll let you take both at once, that's what I'd do. Then they can figure out the pecking order while it's new for both of them.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks y'all. I havern't had a cat that young since I've beebn getting indoor kitties! Which means...checking the local shelter today. I refused to even go seriously look at that were NOT red until I found the one I wanted, as I've been wanting a red one but always get 'chosen' by someone else. I finally found Rory (the new kitty, who was named something else) near where I go to school which is 70 miles from here--and their fee is way higher. But dangit, I got my red.
    As to kitten 2, I'm not quite so picky, so you never now!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4131033;
    BooBoo will still be the queen of the house, don't you worry! However, I do think having 2 other might be better since "Rory" is so young. He seems very sweet, but the current humans say he can be a ringtil whipper snapper when he's playing just like any youngun. I think BooBoo might like licking the babies on the head and bossing them around, but I KNOW she won't be into rasslin, running, etc!
    Ok, just a (tongue in cheek) suggestion, but you could always get a Pug. Roxie and Smokey run and roll around on the floor until they drive me nuts! But it's a good nuts, I think. Smokey is just what Roxie needed. Someone about her size to play with. She's even lost some weight, and anyone who knows anything about Pugs knows that's an accomplishment!!

Smokeys sister showed up in our garage this week and for a half grown cat who's never been around humans, she is the friendliest kitty I've ever met. I've been feeding her and desperately ignoring the temptation to bring her in the house. She's a beautiful multi-colored calico and my sons girlfriend keeps trying to talk me into bringing her inside, but 2 dogs and 1 cat is just enough. My husband would kill me! I am going to see if I can find her a good home though. She is just a little lover, I would hate to see anything bad happen to her, and we all know the dangers that outside cats live with.

Btw... Smokey doesn't like her at all!! Hisses and arches his back whenever she gets near. I suspect Smokey thinks he's a dog!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hey all! I have four dogs and I love them with all my heart. Yesterday morning my youngest, an Australian Shepherd named Bandit, got out of my backyard and I still have not been able to find her. I am praying for a holiday miracle. I know in the end it really doesn't change anything but if you all could just keep me and Bandit in your thoughts and prayers I would GREATLY appreciate it. I've been sobbing nonstop for two days now and I need this all to turn around. I'm ready for her to come back so I can give her a ton of huge hugs and kisses! I'm trying to stay positive but it's so tough because it kills me to think she's out in the cold. I keep telling myself some pet lovers probably saw her and in no time they will take her the vet and they will find her chip or see the 700 flyers I put up today and yesterday. Please wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;4132068;
    Hey all! I have four dogs and I love them with all my heart. Yesterday morning my youngest, an Australian Shepherd named Bandit, got out of my backyard and I still have not been able to find her. I am praying for a holiday miracle. I know in the end it really doesn't change anything but if you all could just keep me and Bandit in your thoughts and prayers I would GREATLY appreciate it. I've been sobbing nonstop for two days now and I need this all to turn around. I'm ready for her to come back so I can give her a ton of huge hugs and kisses! I'm trying to stay positive but it's so tough because it kills me to think she's out in the cold. I keep telling myself some pet lovers probably saw her and in no time they will take her the vet and they will find her chip or see the 700 flyers I put up today and yesterday. Please wish me luck.
    Oh, I sooo hope you find Bandit! Have said some prayers for you and her and all my fingers are crossed. I know how awful that feels.

+ Reply to Thread