+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

The first night she slept hidden in the laundry room in a pile of dirty laundry and last night she slept in the same room with me, but a few feet away. This morning when I woke up she was looking at me, so I reached over and moved her right next to my body and started petting her gently and she purred loudly and let me! I've been sleeping on the mattress/couch my daughter sleeps on when she's here, so that she will hopefully transfer some attachment to my daughter when she returns tomorrow. I just looked over and she's sleeping wedged between the pillow and blanket where I was sleeping, so I think she's getting the picture. I've been spending extra time with the older pets just to make sure they don't get too jealous.
    Count your blessings!

Thank goodness that kittens grow into cats or I'd have a million running around my house. They are just the cutest things in the whole world!!
    Gutmutter, give her a hug for all of us.

Thank you dragonlady, I will.
    I started out sleeping on my daughter's bed with the kitten and then once she was fast asleep, I snuck out of that bed, tucking the blankets around her and went back to my own bed where my old cat was waiting for me. I feel like I have a lover!
    Count your blessings!

That's too funny, but I will be 'cheating' too soon.
    When BooBoo sees, um, something new after the 4th of January, I'm blaming Gutmutter and Unclescott! Actually I might take
    2, they're small...

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Darling, darling, darling!!

I was smitten, too, when I added #4. A bit later, I was gobsmacked at the amount of food that "those buzzsaws" could go through!!! I was seeing cutie-pies.....not bottomless pits!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

you finally got one huh?

The agency won't let me actually have him until he's neutered, but yeah...I might take another about the same age too. I've been wanting an orange kitty for ages, actually, and fell in love with the picture of this one. Went to visit and he is a real sweetheart. He showed up at an older couple's home when he was tiny and starving, and they already have several kitties, so they reluctantly let the HS find him a new home. I met them today andi think they are relieved to know he's going to a place where he can be spoiled rotten.

Daughter was THRILLED with Amelia (I'm not supposed to call her Mimi when daughter is home). She arrived back home after spending over a week visiting friends at college, her old roommate's home, and her sister in Boston. She spent the rest of the day on the floor playing with the kitten, and when I got up this morning, I couldn't find it until its head popped out from under the covers where my daughter was sleeping. Yay! They've bonded!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4129839;
    Actually I might take 2, they're small...
    Kind of like me picking jelly doughnuts out..... take 2 they're small

I say that a lot too, but really...I'm not so sure about 'small' in this case. I'm looking at the pic and thinking "12 WEEKS OLD????" But that's what his current people said.

+ Reply to Thread