+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4128215;
    Let the good times roll! The girl with the kitten turned out to be an old student of mine who has a little girl now and another one on the way. The girl has been holding and petting and loving the kitten so it is used to people and other cats. I brought her home in a carrier and then carried her in the house inside my coat. My little dog was very excited and wanted to play right away, but Mimi wasn't quite ready for that. I brought her in on the mattress/couch in view of the cat on the piano and pretty soon she came down to investigate. Her first reaction was to lick it like a kitten of her own and when the kitten responded, it startled her and she hissed and moved away to watch some more. Pretty soon the kitten was running up and down the hall, found the food and ate voraciously. Then I took her into the bathroom and plopped her in the litterbox and she dutifully went. Now she's exploring all over and the other two animals are alternately watching her closely and hanging back. I think this is going to work! Yay!

I'm confused now, Gut. Is the kitty for you or for your daughter? Anyway, she sounds really sweet and smart, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4128008;
    I see TV ads for the Chia Cat Grass planter. Considering getting one for my Bella, but . . . eh . . .I don't know. Was wondering if anyone has actually tried it?

Read some reviews that say cats love it; others say it made their cats vomit or cat just wasn't interested.
    Seems like every time one of my cats ate grass, they promptly threw up. Same for my dogs so grass (any growing green things) are a no-no at my house.

I forgot how soft kittens are.

The kitten is for my daughter, but she is a college student, so it lives with me.
    Daughter is home on break until Jan. 25, but is currently visiting her old roommate in Vermont.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 12-17-2010 at 04:40 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter -
    What a cutie she is!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4128008;
    I see TV ads for the Chia Cat Grass planter. Considering getting one for my Bella, but . . . eh . . .I don't know. Was wondering if anyone has actually tried it? Read some reviews that say cats love it; others say it made their cats vomit or cat just wasn't interested.
    I buy Chloe grass packets for cats from Walmart. I find it by the cat toys. It comes with container, dirt and seeds. I keep a container growing and one I cut from. I don't let her have access to it, but cut some for her each day. It doesn't make her sick, maybe because I limit her intake. She sure loves it and will stand and scream until her 'staff' cuts her some grass.

Gutmutter Mimi is a cutie pie!!! You are going to have so much fun with her.
    She will entertain you all...Glad it is working with the older ones, after a few hisses, it should work itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4128358;
    Seems like every time one of my cats ate grass, they promptly threw up. Same for my dogs so grass (any growing green things) are a no-no at my house.
    Thanks. The product looks cute in the ads, but I'm afraid it might make Bella sick.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe grass is doing it's job by making the kitties vomit until they get used to it and get everything out? That's a possibility.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mimi is adorable. Have fun with her!!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

She's still a little shy, as you'd expect, but my Little Sister got down on the floor with her and wiggled her fingers and all that and she played with her. So down on the floor I go...
    Count your blessings!

A Christmas kitten.......life doesn't get much better than that! She's adorable.....enjoy her Gut!

+ Reply to Thread