+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

What a doll!!! I had a friend who named her kitty Amy. I have a friend whose name is Amy and, courtesy of moi, is called Amy Lou!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4124866;
    Sandy was a beauty ECM....What a sweet girl.

My kids have been bringing strays into this house as long as I can remember and the majority of the time they became permanent household members. (The exception being the goat.....long story) Once we moved out of our house a year ago, I told them it had to stop and would have to wait until they got their own place. Now that my daughter has her own off-campus apt. she has adopted Amy....

She is the cutest little girl!

Aww, Bunny, Amy is adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4124866;
    She is the cutest little girl!

She is so adorable. I just want to love on her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Too cute Bunny! Miss Princess is nowhere to be found this afternoon. I think she knows mama is going away for a week and is mad. Papa will be home to feed her and take care of her but she only loves her mama. Poor baby.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Very, very cute kitten. just brings out the awwwws

Somewhat bummer this month. My Blue Heeler has a torn cruciate ligament. I think. We see the vet tomorrow (his normal one is off on Mondays and I want to wait) - but he hurt it several weeks ago and just 'rest' seemed to make it better. I don't know what part of "Don't play rough or frisbee with the dog" that my husband didn't understand - but they were playing frisbee in the yard and he hurt it again. I knew the dog wouldn't understand, but I was hoping hubby had more self control.
    This time the rest doesn't seem to be helping. So, it is rest and DIET for sure. Vet does mention his weight, but he is pure MUSCLE. and now is when I want to make him feel better with dog cookies . but no. time to cut back for sure, especially with lack of exercise. The breed is a working dog, so he really doesn't not get it at all. but he has been 3 footing it all weekend and doesn't really want to play anyhow. Once he starts feeling better it will be up to mom and dad to curtail the 'work' (ball throwing, frisbee). Just gonna be a bummer for my son who is coming home.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Bunny555 Amy is adorable... you've been a good mom.

schmoo2 No...Rest...is not in a Blue Heeler's vocabulary. They are a ball of energized muscle.
    Hope yours is feeling better soon.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 12-13-2010 at 12:38 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;4125703;
    Very, very cute kitten. just brings out the awwwws

Somewhat bummer this month. My Blue Heeler has a torn cruciate ligament. I think. We see the vet tomorrow (his normal one is off on Mondays and I want to wait) - but he hurt it several weeks ago and just 'rest' seemed to make it better. I don't know what part of "Don't play rough or frisbee with the dog" that my husband didn't understand - but they were playing frisbee in the yard and he hurt it again. I knew the dog wouldn't understand, but I was hoping hubby had more self control.
    This time the rest doesn't seem to be helping. So, it is rest and DIET for sure. Vet does mention his weight, but he is pure MUSCLE. and now is when I want to make him feel better with dog cookies . but no. time to cut back for sure, especially with lack of exercise. The breed is a working dog, so he really doesn't not get it at all. but he has been 3 footing it all weekend and doesn't really want to play anyhow. Once he starts feeling better it will be up to mom and dad to curtail the 'work' (ball throwing, frisbee). Just gonna be a bummer for my son who is coming home.
    I went through ACL surgery with a previous dog. He was built more for comfort than speed, but he got very annoyed that he had the surgery in May and was not allowed to go for walks for two months. He practically dragged me eight blocks the first time he was allowed to go for a walk, and he was definitely not supposed to go that far the first time out, but he was stir crazy at that point. Unfortunately there were also times when he would simply stop mid-walk and not wish to go any further, which was a bit tricky, since he weighed 50 pounds and didn't much want to be carried even if I could have lugged him home.

By the way, while the frisbee playing may not have helped, dogs can rip the ACL doing almost nothing. Mine did it jumping up on the same hassock he'd jumped up on thousands of times before--which was basically the problem. It was years of repetitive behavior that did it, not just that one jump (which is why I have doggie steps all over my house now for the current dog--it's cheaper than ACL surgery).

well, the little guy (67 lbs) is scheduled for surgery on 12/30. After my son returns to his home at college. Just not able to deal with the first couple weeks of recovery until after Christmas.

Guess the dog gets the most expensive Christmas present . . . but he is worth it.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Schmoo, good luck with the ACL. I know Heelers are not into sitting around being idle, so it will be hard to keep him controlled.

I just got back from North Carolina; since it was just 3 nights i took BooBoo along to see how she did. Folks, never take a really old kitty anywhere--you can see by these pictures that it is just too stressful for them.

By the way, Amy is too cute--I've got to start kitty shopping.

Why can't we have a tv in the bedroom at home?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Wow, QueenB,
    BooBoo could really be Monet's sister!! They look so much alike.
    And, he's 15, and he's in that same pose daily. And, he can't use an excuse like BooBoo that he's away from home and familiar surroundings!

Monet 1.jpg
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread