+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Thanks all for your input. We are lucky enough to have a pet supply right here in town, and their food prices don't seem to be much higher than Petco. I took Canuckinchile's advice and checked out the Fromm's brand. I liked what I saw as far as ingredients. It is considered a holistic food so we are trying it out. She didn't seem crazy about it last night and this morning and just sort of nibbled. But I guess she was hungry because she just finished eating the rest right now.

On a sadder note, today marks the 1 year anniversary of my beloved Sandy's passing. She was a Sheltie/ Chow Chow mix and I used to joke that she was the daughter I never had. ( I have sons.) I was so devastated by her passing that 6 weeks later we adopted Cheyenne. She's been on my mind a lot since the anniversary date was drawing near, so today we put up and trimmed the tree while playing holiday music just to take my mind off of things. Cheyenne had no idea what was going on and was barking at the trains under the tree as they whizzed around the track.

Here's a photo taken about 2 years ago of my beloved Sandy.

Sandy is sure a pretty one.

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;4123542;
    I know the feeling. Joey being white and black has been for the last few years been getting more white on his ears and around his eyes and in his tail. There was the one day a few years ago when I looked at his face and eyes and realized it was a mature not kitten/young face looking back at me. Enjoy every day you can with them.
    One day you look at them and think "Where has the time gone?" You just never know...I feel very blessed everyday that I was chosen for them to be my best buddies.

Eastcoastmom Glad you got Cheyene's food worked out.
    I understand your feelings about Sandy, I lost my Duke several years ago and I still miss him everyday. He was special. He knew my thoughts before I did.
    When I put his Christmas ornament on the tree every year, it hurts my heart... but I'm glad that I have that reminder of him.
    Maybe you could do something special today, that would make you smile and it could become a tradition to help ease the hurt of today.
    Sandy has alot of really special friends over the rainbow bridge.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am happy to announce that my eldest (13 years old) gurl, Miss Sashay, after losing way too much weight (from 12 lbs. 13 oz. to 8 lbs., 3 ozs.!) in 1 year is rounding out, and putting on weight! I haven't taken her to be weighed yet, by I am anticipating wonderful news. She is a very timid gurl, and was being disuaded from eating her food, mostly by Dez. Once I started having her sit on my lap and eat from a plate on the table, so that I could monitor exactly what she was getting, she started eating like her stomach thought her throat had been cut. She's the only one that eats, mainly, moist food; the others, usually Miss Chloe, get whatever she may leave over, which is not much. What a wonderful Christmas present for me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's great Shay! I'm glad to hear she is putting on weight. It's a real worry when they start to lose weight when they are older

Sandy was a beautiful dog, and what a great Christmas picture. It is hard for me to think of my large breed as "getting old" at 5, but she shows no other signs other than her muzzle. Still chases squirrels and rabbits!

I hope the food thing works out for you Eastcostmom. When I switched my dog over I mixed her old food in half and half and slowly tapered it off. It avoids stomach issues (to put it delicately).

Inthegarden, yes exactly what you said. I in no way would tell people not to use pedigree, that was just my experience. I know lots of people that use it and their dogs do well.

shay that IS good news!

Sandy was a beauty ECM....What a sweet girl.

My kids have been bringing strays into this house as long as I can remember and the majority of the time they became permanent household members. (The exception being the goat.....long story) Once we moved out of our house a year ago, I told them it had to stop and would have to wait until they got their own place. Now that my daughter has her own off-campus apt. she has adopted Amy....

She is the cutest little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4124866;
    Yes she is!!

Aw, what an angel! Our kitten adventure has been delayed two weeks now. One of the kittens was sick and then he wanted to watch the other one to make sure it was ok. Both are doing well now, but he has another excuse to wait another week. My daughter was disappointed at first, then just resigned. Now she's off visiting her old roommate, so it's just as well. I want her to be the one to bond with it.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4124866;
    Sandy was a beauty ECM....What a sweet girl.

My kids have been bringing strays into this house as long as I can remember and the majority of the time they became permanent household members. (The exception being the goat.....long story) Once we moved out of our house a year ago, I told them it had to stop and would have to wait until they got their own place. Now that my daughter has her own off-campus apt. she has adopted Amy....

YES SHE IS!!

+ Reply to Thread