+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Count your blessings!

Precious!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4110725;
    Great video!
    If I were 17 or 18, I'd find out who that boy is and MARRY him.

I know, right?

It's official, when my daughter gets home next week, we're getting a kitten. She'll be home for 2 months and then I'll be taking care of it while she's at school. The household has been very placid with a 15 year old cat, a 13 year old dog, and 53 year old me. We're about to add a 19 year old returning from 3 months in Italy and a kitten to the mix (at Christmas time!!) Watch for my posts - they should be entertaining.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4111070;
    I know, right?

It's official, when my daughter gets home next week, we're getting a kitten. She'll be home for 2 months and then I'll be taking care of it while she's at school. The household has been very placid with a 15 year old cat, a 13 year old dog, and 53 year old me. We're about to add a 19 year old returning from 3 months in Italy and a kitten to the mix (at Christmas time!!) Watch for my posts - they should be entertaining.
    Oh we will, I guarantee you we will
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Saw something today that broke my heart, and stuck with me. I was 3rd in line at a red traffic signal, and saw this little black and white (actually black and filth) dog running for all he was worth in the same direction that I was driving. You couldn't help but wonder what the heck he was running from. Traffic was mid-afternoon, and it was extremely heavy, with it being the day before Thanksgiving. The dog raced to the corner, and stopped because of the heavy cross-traffic; then he took off to the right, running into the heavily, rapidly moving traffic, and I lost sight of him. I did see one car swerve, trying to avoid the dog, I assumed, and I watched the other cars, hoping that they'd do the same. The guy in the car ahead of me then got out of his car (left it running in traffic), and walked to the corner; the dog had been struck and, apparently killed. Very shortly after that, a man and woman appeared at the corner, and she was looking down and making a call. I can only assume that they had a connection to the dog. None of the cars driving crosswise (which would have been the direction of the car that hit the dog) had stopped. My heart broke.

What could have happened to make that dog run like that? It was almost like he had broken out and was making a run for it and, as filthy as he was, I wouldn't have been surprised. But I really don't know. Why would somebody hit a dog and not stop?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Monet and Ringo

Shay,

Your story sounds very similar to what had happened to my Monet before I adopted him.
    The Humane Society told me they found him in the street, having been run over by a car or a truck.
    Fortunately, he was a cat and still had 8 more lives.
    Very sad that the dog did not.
    We've had incidents of people runnning over children, adults and animals and just driving on. There are just very many cruel people out there, it seems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-26-2010 at 03:52 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

That's terrible, prhoshay.
    NRH, that pic of Monet reminds me how very much our 2 look alike.
    Well, I went to Thanksgiving at my sister's yesterday and my old friend Raisin is giving up; at 11 she's very old for a Boxer. We think she had a stroke-she can'r walk, keep food down, or do much of anything. We gave her pain meds to let her sleep, and she will be going to the vet's for the last time today if she maked it that long; I'm afraid to call.
    Here we are camping last year

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Queenb, so sorry to hear about Raisin. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My eldest gurl, Miss Sashay, has lost about 20% of her body weight as of her last visit to her doc in October. You can look at her and tell she's much thinner, but she doesn't seem to feel poorly. Nothing unusual in the water output/intake department. Not anymore lethargic than the usual 13 year old cat. I started her on moist food, and am even going to transition to kitten food for the higher caloric count. She is such a timid gurl, and always has been, that I now let her take her meals on my lap, from the table so that I can make sure she is getting her fair share, and then some. I think she may be intimidated by the other cats, especially Dez, who accompanies her to the food dish every time she goes. And all of the gurls are intimidated by Chloe's approach. The doc has suggested that I have her reweighed around the end of December to see if she's lost any more. If she has, at that point he wants to do bloodwork. I'm totally enjoying spoiling her right now, and she's enjoying the extra attention, too! She has a voracious appetite, thank goodness. The other gurls mull around....wishing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread