+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

My mom's almost 8 year old miniature schnauzer has fatty tumors too. They are benign, and the vet has assured her they are nothing to worry about.

My jack russell can sometimes be really funny. Tonight, I decided to make tacos and had grated cheddar cheese and chopped up an onion, a tomato, and an avocado and was simmering some ground beef. Next thing I know, the dog is in the kitchen, crouching down and alternately barking at the cheese and the beef. I think she wanted to make sure I knew she would like some of each. Silly girl. You would have thought there was a burglar on the cutting board and in the pan.

Premium Member
    I think it's just a little fatty tumor too, but it makes me feel better to hear all of you say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    As a child, I had a poodle named Gidget
    So did I! I was about 14 when we got our Gidget, she was a poodle/mutt, I can't remember what other breed. She looked just like "Benji", and she also lived 14 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    My jack russell can sometimes be really funny. Tonight, I decided to make tacos and had grated cheddar cheese and chopped up an onion, a tomato, and an avocado and was simmering some ground beef. Next thing I know, the dog is in the kitchen, crouching down and alternately barking at the cheese and the beef. I think she wanted to make sure I knew she would like some of each. Silly girl. You would have thought there was a burglar on the cutting board and in the pan.
    I think that is exactly what she wanted you to know. Terriers are a hoot!

Terriers really are a hoot. Stubborn and loving. Right now, Libby is passed out behind me in my chair. After she quit the barking crap, I did put a little beef and a couple strands of cheese in her bowl. Now she's content for the moment.

giz
    Last week I decided to come home through the basement door, which I don't usually do. GACK! I'd forgotten why! Another dead-rat present from the cat at the door. Always the basement door for some reason. Cat looking insanely pleased with himself. (Cat always looks pleased with himself, but this was extra-specially please, with plumped up whiskers, the works). I try explaining to cat, that while we appreciate the gestures, we are not eating rats due to inability, but due to a difference in what we feel constitutes "yummy". Cat looks slightly defeated, then rallies and (having rejected the possibility we are not over the moon with his offering) goes back to looking pleased and rolling about on the steps. Yuk, I know it's the thought that counts, but I really wish he'd stop having this thought.

giz. At least your cat has the good sense to give you "presents" that are already dead. My childhood cat thought it was better to bring them home half dead so that they could escape and run aroud the house for awhile. The worst was when she brought home a bird she'd caught that ended up flying around the storage room for three days before we could catch it.

giz
    Maybe yours was trying to train you up. Ours has given up on us ever catching our own, and has seen that we have to be brought food. Very thoughtful. I don't mind rats as pets, but I'm glad the dead ones aren't little mousies, it would be too heartbreaking. (I feel a little badly for the rat, but have never understood why people go on about cats killing things. Why are cats supposed to be have ethical objections to killing animals when people not only kill animals, they kill each other? Climbing down off soapbox now, and going to bed).

It's nice to know your cat is concerned about your lack of skills to feed yourself. He's just trying to look out for his family. Our childhood cat was one of those that can make that trilling noise that seems to mesmerize birds.

giz
    We used to have a cat that chattered at birds. This guy doesn't. He can barely be bothered to make the effort to meow (in fact has lost his m's and can only say "rouw"). He goes back and forth between being adorable, and being a candidate for slipper material. Today I discovered that the pages which kept falling off my calendar,and which I had put on a shelf to wait til their month came up (whereupon they'd be magnetted back onto the calendar on the fridge), all have had decorative holes attached as furface has had a little gnaw at all of them. Why does he do this? He's just a moggy, not a pedigree or anything, he doesn't have to develop difficult behaviour in an effort to hold up his end or anything. I guess in the half hour a day when he's not sleeping or eating (or killing rats) he has to develop a hobby, and eating my expensive French calendar is what works for him (not having opposable thumbs rules out the whole world of arts and crafts).

Premium Member
    Today I was checking Dolly and I had a hard time finding the lump, it's smaller or flatter or something like that. Maybe I will just watch it for now.

FORT Fogey
    Today's the first anniversary of the day the lights went out for my av, so I've had him on my mind a lot.

I've also been thinking about you guys, 'cause you all were such a huge help last year when it was so painful.

The time has helped, for sure, and I'm not crying about the little buggah this year. He had the best last couple of years he could have had, and he lives on forever at the FORT, so what more could one want after losing a pet?

Thanks for always being here, you nice FORT people!!!

+ Reply to Thread