+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;4091953;
    BlondeOne We look forward to reading your animals stories.
    Sorry about the little one.

just1paul, I cry everytime I read that poem. It is a sweet but sad comfort.

While bending over to pick turnip greens this morning, Teddy cat decided to jump on my back... it was okay until he thought he was falling off and grabbed to hold on... to...skin... ouch! I feel like I've had an allergy scratch test.
    When I went to the Humane Society to "visit" during an adopt-a-thon, my alpha gurl, Chloe Elizabeth, did the same kind of thing to me, resulting in her becoming my "baby gurl". I had gone there to see her sister, Lori, whom I had seen on a television promo for the adopt-a-thon, but she had already been spoken for. I bent over a deep box that Chloe and her remaining siblings
    were in (to pet the kitties), displayed in the lobby....Chloe climbed up my arm and sat directly on my butt! That was all it took! Brought her home the next day, and she took over the house...and my heart...and things have never been the same!

Lucky me! Went and picked up a friend of mine, brought her back to the shelter, and a "Chloe look-a-like" kept reaching out and grabbing her arm each time she walked by the cage. I told her that she had been "chosen", so she just may as well accept it! It was a great day, since we took 2 babies off their hands that day!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4092064;
    When I went to the Humane Society to "visit" during an adopt-a-thon, my alpha gurl, Chloe Elizabeth, did the same kind of thing to me, resulting in her becoming my "baby gurl". I had gone there to see her sister, Lori, whom I had seen on a television promo for the adopt-a-thon, but she had already been spoken for. I bent over a deep box that Chloe and her remaining siblings
    were in (to pet the kitties), displayed in the lobby....Chloe climbed up my arm and sat directly on my butt! That was all it took! Brought her home the next day, and she took over the house...and my heart...and things have never been the same!

Lucky me! Went and picked up a friend of mine, brought her back to the shelter, and a "Chloe look-a-like" kept reaching out and grabbing her arm each time she walked by the cage. I told her that she had been "chosen", so she just may as well accept it! It was a great day, since we took 2 babies off their hands that day!
    What a wonderful story...funny how they always pick us and our hearts just melt.

Chloe has Dez trapped in a box and won't let her out. She's standing/laying guard at the opening. Dez knew it was Chloe's box when she went in there. I'm staying out of it!

Chloe is bound to nod off, and Dez will make a break for it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4093665;
    Chloe has Dez trapped in a box and won't let her out. She's standing/laying guard at the opening. Dez knew it was Chloe's box when she went in there. I'm staying out of it!

Chloe is bound to nod off, and Dez will make a break for it.
    This is waaay too funny!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

TOOOOOOOO cute!

Adorable cats playing patty-cake.

Butterfinger - Comedy Network

We lost our ten year old Swiss Mountain Dog unexpectedly last night to bloat. Has anyone ever lost one of a 'set' of dogs? His lab/shepard sister is four months older than he is and they were a total set that did everything together. We have been showering her with love and are going to take her on long walks all weekend, but are at a loss on how else to handle her grief. She was definitely the alpha and is always around us, but today she is upstairs alone staring into space. We had a third dog that was more of a 'fringe' dog to their pack and her loss a year ago hit this one harder than I would have expected, so I want to do everything I possibly can.
    Wag more, bark less

I think that our multiples are a lot like people. They have to go through their grief in their own individual ways, and they come out of it when they do. Extra niceties and snuggles and attention always help, I think. I remember my gurls walking around the house looking for my Gail when she died. They'd stand back and peep around the corner into the next room. They were pretty quiet, as were we all. Within about 2 months, I could tell it was time to add another kitty, since this was definitely a 3 gurl house. And the came #4! I think I can stop now.

I'm so sorry for your loss Jamie5632. I agree with prhoshays advice. Give her lots of love.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am so sorry. I agree with shay also. Just let the alone time be the alone time , but give extra hugs, attention and if you do so, treats... Another of our friends crosses over the Rainbow Bridge
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Jamie..lots of hugs your way. Lots of extra love certainly can't be bad for her, or for you either right now.

+ Reply to Thread