+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I just found this thread and I am very excited to read about everyone's babies! We rescued 2 kittens this summer that were just a few hours old. CJ, sadly, did not make it. Nala is crazy as can be!! It is so wonderful to see all of the rescued animals and everyone that loves them. All 4 of our cats and 1 dog and 3 turtles are rescues as well and they give so much love. I am now off to read 1400 pages. LOL

Cool, BlondeOne, and welcome!!!

All of my animules are rescues (or strays) as well. Sorry that CJ crossed over but you tried and were a caring person in that sweet short life.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4091311;

All of my animules are rescues (or strays) as well. Sorry that CJ crossed over but you tried and were a caring person in that sweet short life.
    Yes, it was very sad. I had a long talk with my kids about how they gave her the best life possible while she was here and if they had never found her she would have died within the hour. She is buried in the back yard with a headstone that was made for her. She went everywhere with us all summer so she probably did more in 4 weeks then alot of people do in a lifetime. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne;4091316;
    Yes, it was very sad. I had a long talk with my kids about how they gave her the best life possible while she was here and if they had never found her she would have died within the hour. She is buried in the back yard with a headstone that was made for her. She went everywhere with us all summer so she probably did more in 4 weeks then alot of people do in a lifetime. LOL
    Sounds like you and CJ taught your kids a lot. Bittersweet story, though. Do you know/did you tell them about the Rainbow Bridge?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4091325;
    Sounds like you and CJ taught your kids a lot. Bittersweet story, though. Do you know/did you tell them about the Rainbow Bridge?
    Please tell me...I have never heard of it.

I changed my avatar to the pic of the kittens. They still did not have their eyes open yet. This was at a little league game. That is a washcloth they are laying on. Nala now pickes up any washcloth she can find and drags it around the house playing with it. So CUTE!!

The Rainbow Bridge is a concept and anonymous "poem" that gives many people comfort about grieving the loss of an animal. This is a quick link
    Rainbow Bridge Poem

but there are others.

Such a cute kitten pic!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne;4091366;
    Please tell me...I have never heard of it.
    Pet Loss Grief Support, The Rainbow Bridge Poem, Monday Candle Ceremony

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

BlondeOne We look forward to reading your animals stories.
    Sorry about the little one.

just1paul, I cry everytime I read that poem. It is a sweet but sad comfort.

While bending over to pick turnip greens this morning, Teddy cat decided to jump on my back... it was okay until he thought he was falling off and grabbed to hold on... to...skin... ouch! I feel like I've had an allergy scratch test.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4091311;

We call ours animules too!

+ Reply to Thread