+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4081046;
    My Mom passed away 20 yrs ago . . .but I have sweet memories of her and Colonel. In addition to a dog, se always had cats, and Colonel was special. Yes, I also have heard stories of a person passing away then a spouse or pet doies soon after.
    My mother never liked cats, especially, and I didn't get any until after I left home. But when she visited, she petted them, and always asked about them.

She was deathly afraid of horses but I rode at stables in my childhood and eventually got a horse. She always asked about him, too. One time she went to a racetrack and had her photo taken next to one of the horses, and she said she even petted him. She sent me the photo. What a mom!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4081038;

This reminds me of a story about my mom’s cat. (A big, fat, cuddly cat named Colonel. He looked like “Morris” from the tv commercials.)

The time came when Mom couldn’t take care of her house anymore (it was too big and needed renovations). She found a small apt she liked and my brothers moved her there. It was several miles from her house, which was being renovated and lived in by my brothers. Colonel ran away from Mom’s apt 3 times – and each time turned up at the house – sitting at the door, meowing! He had never been an outdoor cat; can’t figure out how he found the house. A couple yrs later when Mom got very sick and had to go to a skilled care facility, brother took Colonel in. He passed away a few months after Mom, in the home that he loved.
    Very touching - He also wanted to be with Mom.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh no! Too cute and I haven't even opened it yet, busy cooking. I am partial to purrs.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

A purring squirrel - now that's something.
    Count your blessings!

I wonder if he will catch mice later?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

The video was precious!! I just wonder what will happen when the cats grow older and start running around catching mice, baby chipmunks and little....squirrels. My eight outdoor cats are always catching birds and mice and squirrels. Would a squirrel that thinks it is a cat chase another squirrel. Hmm......
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Last night, I was eating a peanut butter sandwich and offered my nosy gurls some since they were seriously meddling. For the most part, the majority sniffed, walked away, and they were done with it. My eldest, Miss Sashay, didn't walk away. She started slapping at the sandwich...I guess it aggravated her! It was hilarious! Her eyes were huge! I've never seen that behavior toward food before....only toward each other or toward me if we are annoying her. I had tears rolling down my face! She looked at me like I was crazy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where's the video camera when you need it?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

We were adopted by a 6 week old calico 2 weeks ago. At first I said no however my son brought her into the office & it was love at first meow. What can I say; I'm a sucker for whiskers. I have a grey brother & sister that I raised & bottle-fed from 3 weeks of age.

+ Reply to Thread