+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I hope it is Ringo also queenb. Maybe you SHOULD CAMP OUT! The barcode is a good idea, but I have been so tempted to sneak Toby out. But since he lives there I think he would be missed instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4080483;
    Toby and Joey look so much alike.
    I think it is pretty funny because a few years ago Angie the Tech looked into his carrier to take him out and practically screamed HE LOOKS JUST LIKE TOBY!!
    Last edited by just1paul; 10-09-2010 at 02:01 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

just1paul I'm so glad Joey is liking his new food. Thanks for keeping us updated.

queenb I'm hoping it's Ringo too. What if you didn't leave out food... Do you think he might be waiting for it the next morning?
    It might be worth trying.

Gutmutter Yinyang is beautiful... she looks regal laying on her new bed.

QueenB,

We're keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.

Gut,
    Yinyang is gorgeous. She looks like the Fancy Feast cat.

Just1Paul,

Joey also looks like my sister's cat, Nicholas. HE, Joey and Toby are all such gorgeous boys and they could be triplets. Sorry, I don't have any pics to post.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4080602;
    QueenB,

We're keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.

Gut,
    Yinyang is gorgeous. She looks like the Fancy Feast cat.

Just1Paul,

Joey also looks like my sister's cat, Nicholas. HE, Joey and Toby are all such gorgeous boys and they could be triplets. Sorry, I don't have any pics to post.
    Must be a boy thing - unless someone can come up with a girl that looks like them. They are so handsome aren't they? The best part is they are typical common shorthair alley cats. Like an old Milwaukee tv star Albet the Alley cat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Not so fast, Paul; the very,very first pet I remember, and I sould not have been more than 3 or 4, was a girl cat that looked like Joey, only thinner except when pregnant (it was the very early 60's, out in the country and we didn't know what 'spay' was)
    Mom called her Maggie, but my sister and I called her Spotty. We used to put doll clothes on that kitty and roll her around in a doll carriage, but mostly she killed tons of mice and anything else that came on our property.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4080863;
    Not so fast, Paul; the very,very first pet I remember, and I sould not have been more than 3 or 4, was a girl cat that looked like Joey, only thinner except when pregnant (it was the very early 60's, out in the country and we didn't know what 'spay' was)
    Mom called her Maggie, but my sister and I called her Spotty. We used to put doll clothes on that kitty and roll her around in a doll carriage, but mostly she killed tons of mice and anything else that came on our property.
    I now know that it is not just a boy thing. *hangs head*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

One time when I had indoor/outdoor cats, one of them was gone for 3 weeks. Tried everything to find Pumpkin (a tortie), but she finally came home on her own, a little thinner and had obviously been outdoors the whole time. We finally figurred out that since she used to like to sleep under the tarp of our fishing boat, she'd been taken for a ride and jumped out somewhere.

We'd gone about 15 miles away, and had checked the boat like always but must have missed her (if that's what happened). Wish cats could speak English!

Isn't it amazing how they can find their way home?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4080985;
    Isn't it amazing how they can find their way home?

This reminds me of a story about my mom’s cat. (A big, fat, cuddly cat named Colonel. He looked like “Morris” from the tv commercials.)

The time came when Mom couldn’t take care of her house anymore (it was too big and needed renovations). She found a small apt she liked and my brothers moved her there. It was several miles from her house, which was being renovated and lived in by my brothers. Colonel ran away from Mom’s apt 3 times – and each time turned up at the house – sitting at the door, meowing! He had never been an outdoor cat; can’t figure out how he found the house. A couple yrs later when Mom got very sick and had to go to a skilled care facility, brother took Colonel in. He passed away a few months after Mom, in the home that he loved.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4081038;

This reminds me of a story about my mom’s cat. (A big, fat, cuddly cat named Colonel. He looked like “Morris” from the tv commercials.)

The time came when Mom couldn’t take care of her house anymore (it was too big and needed renovations). She found a small apt she liked and my brothers moved her there. It was several miles from her house, which was being renovated and lived in by my brothers. Colonel ran away from Mom’s apt 3 times – and each time turned up at the house – sitting at the door, meowing! He had never been an outdoor cat; can’t figure out how he found the house. A couple yrs later when Mom got very sick and had to go to a skilled care facility, brother took Colonel in. He passed away a few months after Mom, in the home that he loved.
    As sad as that is, I have known or read of many times where someone (human or pet) goes not long after their loved one.

Sorry to hear about your mother's passing; it is so hard to lose a parent. I lost mine in 2003. Except for her long illness, she had a nice and average-ly long life.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4081039;
    As sad as that is, I have known or read of many times where someone (human or pet) goes not long after their loved one.

Sorry to hear about your mother's passing; it is so hard to lose a parent. I lost mine in 2003. Except for her long illness, she had a nice and average-ly long life.
    My Mom passed away 20 yrs ago . . .but I have sweet memories of her and Colonel. In addition to a dog, se always had cats, and Colonel was special. Yes, I also have heard stories of a person passing away then a spouse or pet doies soon after.

+ Reply to Thread