+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4080168;
    Thanks for keeping us updated. Very glad to hear Joey is adjusting to the new food.

Louie is so fussy, he'd probably starve to death. Don't you love the sniff and walk away routine!
    The sniff and walk is funny, but I must tell you - the pushing the plate is even funnier. I always thought Joey was so persnickity also.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Just1Paul,

So glad to hear that. I've even been tempted by the K-D feline with chicken. It looks that good.
    I only gave Monet the wet food. Not the dry. The Vet told me to start with that first and then get rechecked. Monet is holding his own with just the wet. I still give him the regular Hills dry.
    As far as the sub-Q's, I'd hold off unless the vet says it's necessary. Joey's creatinine and bun values are just slightly higher than Monet's was. And he didn't need sub-Q's. Hopefully, he should respond to just the food, like Monet did. I wouldn't start a cat on sub-Q's until told to do so by the Vet.
    Good Luck!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4080217;
    Just1Paul,

So glad to hear that. I've even been tempted by the K-D feline with chicken. It looks that good.
    I only gave Monet the wet food. Not the dry. The Vet told me to start with that first and then get rechecked. Monet is holding his own with just the wet. I still give him the regular Hills dry.
    As far as the sub-Q's, I'd hold off unless the vet says it's necessary. Joey's creatinine and bun values are just slightly higher than Monet's was. And he didn't need sub-Q's. Hopefully, he should respond to just the food, like Monet did. I wouldn't start a cat on sub-Q's until told to do so by the Vet.
    Good Luck!
    His doctor is saying the same, let's see if we can maintain with the food and she also told me to keep my eye on his water and urine. Joey fortunately has always been a big water drinker and also was on fairly good foods to prevent his urinary blockage again that happened 9 1/2 years ago. So I am very hopeful that we can continue for a few years yet. She said we would recheck in 6 months at his regular semi annual checkup unless I want to do in 3 months to check.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

So happy that all is going smooth for you and Joey with the new food.
    The biggest thing - is finding out what is best for you and that cat.
    I learned what was right for one cat was not working for another.
    Just take it slow, learn, and try.

This post will only make sense until I change my avatar again, but this is my cat, Yinyang on my new mattress/couch. She's suspicious of cameras, as I'm sure her look tells you. She is awfully glad I have bought her a super-sized cat bed where she can look down on the dog.
    Count your blessings!

She's a beautiful kitty, Gutmutter!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

So pretty!!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;4080317;
    So happy that all is going smooth for you and Joey with the new food.
    The biggest thing - is finding out what is best for you and that cat.
    I learned what was right for one cat was not working for another.
    Just take it slow, learn, and try.
    It is all such a learning process and the hard part is not being able to converse in his language and tell him WHY I am doing this. Your earlier post is what I referenced when talking to his Doctor asking about the SUB Q, the pepcid and I did ask about the proteins in relation to muscle and she is not against any of it, right now I think we are really hoping this food will either maintain the numbers or even that they might go back down, which has been known to happen if caught at the earliest stages. That is why I think she said if it would make me feel better to come in at 3 months and have blood drawn.

Small Animal Hospital In Milwaukee - Small Animal Hospital LLC - Milwaukee Veterinarian :: Home

This is where Joey goes, it is about 10 blocks from home and his Dr. is Diane Bennetts, (Cats, Bunnies and other small critters) Under meet the staff is TOBY who drinks from the water fountain!

Toby on the left Joey on the right
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by just1paul; 10-09-2010 at 09:25 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Toby and Joey look so much alike.

If Joey loses weight as planned, you will have to bar code himto make sure you're getting the right kitty back when he goes to the vet's.
    I'm glad he's taking to the new food. I've also noticed that if you act like it's treats, new food is easier sometimes.
    Still no Ringo, but the food is still vanishing. I've got to go get a better pair of needle nose pliers to get the spring part bent exactly right. Or maybe i could just camp in the bushes with a landing net. I just hope it's my kitty getting the food.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread