+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4074659;
    NEWSFLASH! Bella is napping in her bed! Unbelieveable. Id given up trying to get her to use it.
    I was doing something in the bedroom, came out, looked around, called her, and happened to look over in the corner where Ive put her little bed. THERE SHE WAS, all curled up. That was a couple hrs ago, and shes still there. Be interesting to see if she uses it tonight.
    Well how about that? I hope it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4074662;
    Well we had a new fridge delivered 2 days ago. Princess has decided to run around the house yowling. Thursday morning I had to get up and close the livingroom windows because she was sitting in front of the couch yowling. I tried to pet her, calm her down, show her the cupboard she could hide in...nothing worked. She's a little better today, hopefully tomorrow she will realize those awful men are no longer in the house!
    You had STRANGERS in the house? How AWFUL!!:nono
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Kangaroo at my neighbors house courtesy of a wildlife preserve friend!! Scratch that off the bucket list!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Wow, good pic. Friends went to Australia several yrs ago on business and when they came back and their pics of kangaroo(s) were fascinating.

He was soooo cute! He tried to box my son when he stood up to leave. This was the first time in a while I've seen a gleam in Victor's eyes. It almost made me cry!
    Yup, with donuts!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4074810;
    Kangaroo at my neighbors house courtesy of a wildlife preserve friend!! Scratch that off the bucket list!
    Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4072128;
    This is sooo cute! I absolutely LOVE it! Thank you for sharing it!

There is a beautiful tortiseshell cat who I've seen around my new house. I left the door open today and it decided to come investigate. My cat when crazy! Poor thing. Just curious. I went out and spoke softly to him, but he kept his distance. Him/her? Can't tell.
    Count your blessings!

Tortoiseshells are 99.999% always female, Gutmutter. The gene pattern that allows for tortie coloring is sex-linked. A male that recieves the same factor on the X gene will be orange (males are XY), while a female has to get it on both X genes xto be orange; a single copy causes tortoiseshell.
    Sorry if that's tmi; it's late and I'm tired
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Good to know. She's a beautiful cat. I think calicos are always female, too.
    Just did a google image search for tortoiseshell cat and I stand corrected. Not what I thought it was. What's the difference between a tortoiseshell and a calico? The cat visiting me is black and silver with an intricate pattern - not just striped/tiger. Is there a name for that?
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 10-03-2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Count your blessings!

I've always thought of it as "more than 2 colors, always female". Thanks for the genetics info, queenb. That would be a fascinating area of study. I have a "back burner, but the burner is off" interest in it. Now, is there a scientific basis for "tortitude"?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread