+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Interestingly enough, not only do my gurls prefer boxes, but so did my son when he was a baby. I told him that that is how I know that he and the gurls are related because they both loved to play in and out of boxes! With Miss Chloe, I only have to call out "Got a new box!" and she immediately appears.....she pretends not to understand many of the other things that I say, choosing to ignore me! Now, why does she know "box" but won't acknowledge much of anything else??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Too funny! Most animals I've known seem to have selective hearing.

My old dog was infamous for that, even when his hearing started to go. But he could hear the crinkle of a cheese slice wrapper from another room, even if you opened it slowly to not make any noise. I really miss him...he was my only pet for a while, and every time I ate, I saved some for him. He wouldn't beg or even lay at my feet. But he'd wait (even close his eyes and chill) and then come over when I was done. He's also the one that took an orange section and spit it out (patooey!). And remember "Lassie" brand canned food? It was stew, with meat, taters, carrots, peas, and gravy. He would eat everything except the peas. But he would lick every bit of gravy off of them, and leave a little pile of gravy-less peas. Great dog (Jesse)!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Our Trip to the Vet

Last night I took Bella’s carrier out of the closet and sat it on the floor in the dining room. (She hasn’t been in it since July when I brought her home from the shelter.)

This morning as I got dressed she was laying on my bed, quite peacefully. I got the carrier, sat it on the bed, and opened it. That’s when the trouble started. I attempted to put her in and she fought me every step of the way!! She yelled, and the squirming was over the top, despite my soothing her. I got her in – so I thought – but there was an opening in the other side and she crawled out. She ran and was meowing and cowering – poor baby was scared. Finally I got her in the case, zipped it securely. My ride was waiting, so off we went. Bella whined a bit, but not too much.

The vet’s office was very nice. A dog on a leash in the waiting lobby, 2 cats in carriers, and a cat walking around (it lives at the vet’s office). Bella was weighed (10 lbs, 11 oz), gave them copies of the papers I got from the adoption shelter, and we waited about 10 min. She was ok in the exam room, waited calmly on top of the table. Dr. came in and examined her. He said she looks good, except for an ear infection. He cleaned her ears, put drops in, and gave me drops to put in for a week. He trimmed her back nails, and touched up her front nails. Then he have her the rabies vaccine (subcutaneous) and it’s good for 3 years. I got a certificate and a tag.

He put her back in her carrier – she calmly got in, and we came home. Done! When we got home and I opened her carrier, she jumped out so fast it was funny. I put the carrier back into the closet.

It was kind of an adventure, but I feel better knowing she is all fixed up.
    Last edited by tango7; 09-28-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Prhoshay - Your post about your son liking boxes too reminded me of this picture of my granddaughter a couple of Christmas' ago. She loved the box that her new kitchen came in! I guess I'll have to get a small box for Smokey to play with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4071868;

Our Trip to the Vet

Last night I took Bellaís carrier out of the closet and sat it on the floor in the dining room. (She hasnít been in it since July when I brought her home from the shelter.)

This morning as I got dressed she was laying on my bed, quite peacefully. I got the carrier, sat it on the bed, and opened it. Thatís when the trouble started. I attempted to put her in and she fought me every step of the way!! She yelled, and the squirming was over the top, despite my soothing her. I got her in Ė so I thought Ė but there was an opening in the other side and she crawled out. She ran and was meowing and cowering Ė poor baby was scared. Finally I got her in the case, zipped it securely. My ride was waiting, so off we went. Bella whined a bit, but not too much.

The vetís office was very nice. A dog on a leash in the waiting lobby, 2 cats in carriers, and a cat walking around (it lives at the vetís office). Bella was weighed (10 lbs, 11 oz), gave them copies of the papers I got from the adoption shelter, and we waited about 10 min. She was ok in the exam room, waited calmly on top of the table. Dr. came in and examined her. He said she looks good, except for an ear infection. He cleaned her ears, put drops in, and gave me drops to put in for a week. He trimmed her back nails, and touched up her front nails. Then he have her the rabies vaccine (subcutaneous) and itís good for 3 years. I got a certificate and a tag.

He put her back in her carrier Ė she calmly got in, and we came home. Done! When we got home and I opened her carrier, she jumped out so fast it was funny. I put the carrier back into the closet.

It was kind of an adventure, but I feel better knowing she is all fixed up.
    Well now - I leave Joeys out, and when Mona was alive hers was out also and they would always lay or sleep in them, but come Doctor day- AYE AYE AYE - the four legged spread to keep from going into the thing.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Well now - I leave Joeys out, and when Mona was alive hers was out also and they would always lay or sleep in them, but come Doctor day- AYE AYE AYE - the four legged spread to keep from going into the thing.
    Yeah! "four legged spread" , and the squirming . . .

I don't have pic of my carrier, but it's black canvas with a decent amount of air vent.

Mona looked soooo cuddly. Was she? (But her eyes were like "don't try anything") How about Joey,is he cuddly and how is he with other people?

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4071926;
    Yeah! "four legged spread" , and the squirming . . .

I don't have pic of my carrier, but it's black canvas with a decent amount of air vent.

Mona looked soooo cuddly. Was she? (But her eyes were like "don't try anything") How about Joey,is he cuddly and how is he with other people?
    Mona was cuddly WHEN SHE WANTED TO BE. Otherwise you got the LOOK. She did love her Grampa though, always came and laid on the couch next to where he sits whenever they came over, she would let Gramma talk to her and get a little pat pat but that was enough. Grampa was with her when she was laid to rest and at the time of the injection she was gone so fast and Grampa was the last one she saw, who patted her head and said good girl.

Joey at 15 is getting more vocal and oh so clingy to me ,but loves being a spoiled only child. He could get brushed 24 hours a day if it were possible. He does come out when Gramma and Grampa are over to complain to them about not being brushed enough.

Grampa takes us to his Vet twice a year for check ups and he talks to Grampa the whole time in the car and at the Doctors office. He is getting to where he doesn't like being picked up anymore.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

THE LOOK - , love it.
    great pics.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4071906;
    Prhoshay - Your post about your son liking boxes too reminded me of this picture of my granddaughter a couple of Christmas' ago. She loved the box that her new kitchen came in! I guess I'll have to get a small box for Smokey to play with.
    My son had this thing about the boxes that came in a large case of diapers...he wasn't 'housebroken' yet...once one of the boxes was empty, it was his, and it had this "lid" on it. He was one happy camper! 4 large boxes of Pampers (probably about 60/box) came in one case....well they, did back in the day, anyway!

Tonight, Miss Chloe is sitting on top of a newly delivered box, (trying to hatch it?), or just making sure that she is the first gurl when I finally open the box! Since she is the alpha-gurl, she gets no problem about that...or somebody will get slapped.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread