+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Awwwww, Bella laid on my bed Ė for the first time in the 3 mos. that Iíve had her. The few times Iíve tried putting her on my bed she jumps right off.

Last night I didnít see her anywhere, looked in the usual places, and I went into my bedroom for something (the light was off) and there she was, curled up on the bed. Looked so cute.

So I left her alone (didnít want to try to pet or make a big deal). She was still there a couple hrs later when it was time for me to hit the sack. I very gingerly went to the other side of the bed and lay down. She looked over at me, sat up, but seemed okay. After about 10 minutes, I moved to get under the sheet and comforter, and she jumped off. Oh, well.

She still wonít sleep in her own little bed. When I first brought her home she laid in it for a minute (while she was exploring her new home) but not for long. A couple weeks ago I tried picking her up a few times and putting her into it, but she didnít like that. A friend told me not to do that; that at some point (most likely when cold weather comes) sheíll probably use it. Meanwhile, sheís been sleeping on the floor or sometimes the sofa. I tried putting her little bed on the sofa and other places, but she ignores it.

ETA: Also, a correction.
    I was looking over her papers more closely (preparing for vet visit tomorrow). Bellaís DOB is indicated to be 6/4/2009 (not 2008), so she is a little over 1 yr old. Based on the information I have, itís possible she was brought into the shelter with a litter of kittens (as someone suggested) or that the mama gave birth there at the shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4070436;
    Awwwww, Bella laid on my bed – for the first time in the 3 mos. that I’ve had her. The few times I’ve tried putting her on my bed she jumps right off.

Last night I didn’t see her anywhere, looked in the usual places, and I went into my bedroom for something (the light was off) and there she was, curled up on the bed. Looked so cute.

So I left her alone (didn’t want to try to pet or make a big deal). She was still there a couple hrs later when it was time for me to hit the sack. I very gingerly went to the other side of the bed and lay down. She looked over at me, sat up, but seemed okay. After about 10 minutes, I moved to get under the sheet and comforter, and she jumped off. Oh, well.

She still won’t sleep in her own little bed. When I first brought her home she laid in it for a minute (while she was exploring her new home) but not for long. A couple weeks ago I tried picking her up a few times and putting her into it, but she didn’t like that. A friend told me not to do that; that at some point (most likely when cold weather comes) she’ll probably use it. Meanwhile, she’s been sleeping on the floor or sometimes the sofa. I tried putting her little bed on the sofa and other places, but she ignores it.
    HAHAHAHAHAAHA!! I can't tell you how many times I bought beds for either Mona or Joey thinking it might get used and never EVER was a bed used. Mona (bows head) had her chair, blanket on a table, and her 1/4 of the 1/2 of my bed. Joey - well - where ever he falls over, his 1/4 (Now 1/2) of my bed, his tree second tier, his carrier, the table that now has HIS blanket on it, his condo. I bet you that cutie will NEVER EVAH sleep in that bed.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Yep! same with Chloe, she sleeps in different places... mostly on my legs, on the ottoman, in my...no.:nono her chair infront of the woodstove, the top step upstairs...she likes to spy on us... but never in her bed.

Just1paul, I looked at the pics of Mona and Joey (love Mona’s “look”).

It’s buggin’ me that Bella prefers the floor to her bed. I’ve moved it to various areas, but she is totally not interested. Except for that ONE time. I ran and got the camera, but as soon as I took the pic she climbed out.

Also, she is not interested, at all, in her little cat toys. She prefers 1) the laser mouse/light and 2) pieces of ribbon dangled (I’m careful . . . don’t want her to swallow), but she likes to try to grab the ribbon . . . love it when she rares up on hind legs and tries so hard to get that ribbon,

Here is the one and only time she got into her cat bed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If she was confined to a cage in the shelter, she is just enjoying her freedom and trying out different areas in her new home. She will eventually settle down and have her very favorite spots to lay. When the weather changes, she will be looking for warmer spots to lay and then she might like to curl up in her bed.
    Chloe, likes to sprawl out on the floor too.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4070752;
    Just1paul, I looked at the pics of Mona and Joey (love Monaís ďlookĒ).

Itís bugginí me that Bella prefers the floor to her bed. Iíve moved it to various areas, but she is totally not interested. Except for that ONE time. I ran and got the camera, but as soon as I took the pic she climbed out.

Also, she is not interested, at all, in her little cat toys. She prefers 1) the laser mouse/light and 2) pieces of ribbon dangled (Iím careful . . . donít want her to swallow), but she likes to try to grab the ribbon . . . love it when she rares up on hind legs and tries so hard to get that ribbon,

Here is the one and only time she got into her cat bed.
    Cute picture. Best toys paper grocery sacks........
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Inthegarden - Bella wasn't caged. She was among the ones allowed to roam free (inside). Mostly the caged ones were recovering, tagged and waiting for surgery, or some type of behavior/social issues. I spotted a pretty Siamese in a cage, but when the vet tech opened it the poor cat was nervous and frightened. Also saw a pretty Himalayan in a cage (reminded me of Jinx in the movie "Meet the Parents") but he was recovering from an illness.

Best toys paper grocery sacks........
    hmmmm, I'll have to try that. I also hear they like cardboard boxes.

oohhh... love cardboard boxes, fetching treats and....
    high bounce balls

A cardboard box turned upside down with a door cut out. Best toy ever... well right up there with paper bags. Last Christmas I took the cardboard tube inside rolls of wrapping paper and cut 3 spiral strips about a third of the way down and used the other end as a handle. My cat FLIPPED over it. I had to make 2 more before the season was over. She'd race onto furniture, down on the floor, back on the furniture, back on the floor. over and over. It was really funny.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread