+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

queenb This is as clear as I can get the pictures. I was inside taking it through a window and screen. Close enough for me.
    Mr.ING thinks it was a chicken/rat snake. Sometimes we see them in the barn and out in the pasture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A woman here was chased and stung by a whole hive of bees and they said on the news that if you're pursued by bees to run in a zig-zag pattern and they won't be able to follow you. Didn't know that.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4062420;
    A woman here was chased and stung by a whole hive of bees and they said on the news that if you're pursued by bees to run in a zig-zag pattern and they won't be able to follow you. Didn't know that.
    I was just frantic and ran in a beeline . Now I know. Thank you! It makes PERFECT SENSE. WOW.

Btw, there was a quite elderly man stung over 500 times by bees that he stirred up by mowing with a riding lawnmower. He survived but was hospitalized for a week, IIRC.

I've known people allergic to stings that have to carry medication and syringes, just in case.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4062391;
    Just guessing, but I think the wasps probably did sting the snake, but the scales would protect it unless a stinger went under the scale and into the skin, which would be unlikely. Remember snakes even have a transparent scale covering their eyes. I wish I could see the head to see what kind of snake it is. I think it might be a hognose, because the wasp larvae are something it would eat. If it is, that's about as big as they get if i'm judging right by this picture.
    That is one awesome "just guess".

I've seen hawks hunt snakes and carry them off, I've seen ants eating dead snakes, but I've never seen snakes hunt (yet).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

More than happy to pass on that info.
    I took my dog to the new house today and let him walk me around the whole yard, then let him explore the house while the plumber/furnace man looked around the basement with me. I hope he (and the cat) do well with the new transition.
    Count your blessings!

Kewl. What are their names (not the plumber)? I'm into names...

The dog is a Japanese Chin and came with the name "Taro" which means "boy dog"... or maybe just "boy", I forget. The cat I kept from a litter we had from our cat who's long gone now. She was born the morning of my opening for my one-woman art show. One side of her head was black with a white spot and one side was white with a black spot, so we named her "Yin-yang"... even though I know white cats work the opposite of dalmations. They're born with a black spot that goes away. So she's totally white now.
    Count your blessings!

So sweet!

I'm not familiar with the breed Chin.

What an appropos name, "Yin Yang". She is obviously very special, due to those markings now gone. I've never even seen a photo of anyone with those yy markings.

And I did not know that you are an artist; I am an art lover.

I'm with Shay.

Both the wasps and the snake are totally creeping me out.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I've had to kill rattlesnakes myself. Also got bit by one once...'nother story.

+ Reply to Thread