+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Callie, that is a super cute picture, what a lovely puppy you have

Then to my cats. While I was gone this summer, one of our cats disappeared. This was while my husband was still at home with the cats, so it was really strange because Rafael (the cat) was really a "homeboy", and he had a collar with a tag (with name & phonenumber) just in case. He was also neutered, so I can not believe the "wanderlust" would have just hit him out of the blue either. Also they had an article in the newspaper this past week about local pit bull owners who steal dogs and cats to "train" their pit bulls to fight. My thoughts about that are not exactly printable material... Lets just say that bit of news didn't make me feel any better.

Well, I am still hoping that Rafael would be back (or that he would be at least living in a new home, that is what my kids believe), but since our other cat (Snowie) was lonely, some friends asked if we would take one of the kittens they had. So we now have a new family member, a little gray kitten. He has been around for more than a week now, and Snowie has finally started to accept him (no more hissing and growling, although still no playing that I know). My boys named the new kitten Dozer (personally I thought Gandalf would have been a good name for a grey kitten ), and he is enjoying his life here. He is a very social cat, maybe even too social: he likes to sit on my lap and chase my fingers when I type ).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Tirlittan, very sorry to hear about Raphael. I hope he's at least safe. Dog fighters are among the lowest scum on earth. I feel so sorry for the innocent animals that happen to be in the hands of these hateful "humans".
    I am loving all of the cute animals here. Here is one pic of my dog and cat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Premium Member
    agamergirl - I love that picture! They look very sweet.

Tirlittan - I also pray that Rafael is safe somewhere, I can't imagine how hard it must be not knowing. Dozer sounds like a wonderful kitty.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Tirlittan - sorry about Rafael. s

Verdict is in. Abbie has a urinary tract infection. Glad it's not serious, but as a female, I know how uncomfortable they are!! 10 days of meds and she'll be back to new Thanks for the good wishes

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Tirlittan - sorry about Rafael. s

Verdict is in. Abbie has a urinary tract infection. Glad it's not serious, but as a female, I know how uncomfortable they are!! 10 days of meds and she'll be back to new Thanks for the good wishes
    That's awesome marybethp.

Premium Member
    That's great news Marybeth!

Hey...a show-off-your-pet thread

Here are my 'kids' :

ps: Marybethp...glad to hear Abbie is ok
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah Mareybeth! Didn't I say just a UTI?

And to the kitty with the blockage - this happens most often in males, I hear it's connected to high ash content in foods - which is higher in cheap foods (friskies, etc) and also magnesium content. Just some things to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    Yeah Mareybeth! Didn't I say just a UTI?

And to the kitty with the blockage - this happens most often in males, I hear it's connected to high ash content in foods - which is higher in cheap foods (friskies, etc) and also magnesium content. Just some things to watch out for.
    Yep it sure is glitter, Joey and of course Mona eat Iams and wellness now. best magnesium content is gauranteed no more than 0.02. I'll never forget going back to the emergency hospital that Sunday night to hold Joey in my lap because they called me and said he was crying.... 6 hours of holding him in my lap with IV tubes in & out, he did settle down however and start sleeping....

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    Yep it sure is glitter, Joey and of course Mona eat Iams and wellness now. best magnesium content is gauranteed no more than 0.02. I'll never forget going back to the emergency hospital that Sunday night to hold Joey in my lap because they called me and said he was crying.... 6 hours of holding him in my lap with IV tubes in & out, he did settle down however and start sleeping....
    Ahh Gabriel! I remember holding mine when she had her IV in after her leg surgery, it was so heartbraeaking! She was trying to curl in my lap but the IV kept getting in the way. And then whenever a vet walked past the door she'd hiss, sigh

IT's nice to hear there are so many people devoted to their pets out there!

+ Reply to Thread