+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4059335;
    And for those who believe in karma, my husband bought a lottery ticket when he went to get the Sunday paper this morning, and won $100!!
    So, are you going to name it Karma...or Lotto?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4059480;
    So, are you going to name it Karma...or Lotto?

I didn't even think of those names. I wanted to call him Wally (because he got stuck in a wall), but by the time I got home from work last night, my husband was calling him Smokey. Since we aren't really sure he's a he or a she yet, I guess Smokey is a better name than Wally.

And besides, Roxie already knows him as Smokey. Whenever we say the name Smokey, Roxie goes and looks in the kennel. It's so cute.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4059698;

I didn't even think of those names. I wanted to call him Wally (because he got stuck in a wall), but by the time I got home from work last night, my husband was calling him Smokey. Since we aren't really sure he's a he or a she yet, I guess Smokey is a better name than Wally.

And besides, Roxie already knows him as Smokey. Whenever we say the name Smokey, Roxie goes and looks in the kennel. It's so cute.
    Wally's not a bad name. Called Waldo that a lot. Congrats on the new addition and the winning ticket.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

If Smokey doesn't work...what about Karmalotta....

For some unknown reason Rosie cat and her entire family was on our trailer and I was able to take a photo. This is a rare occasion, since 3 of the group hate each other. There is usually alot of growling, hissing and slapping whenever they are around each other. (sounds like people families). If you remember, Rosie is the cat who had several buns in the oven or should I say a pan of muffins, when my Duke (RIP) brought her home. The Vet figured that it was her first litter, so she is around 8 or 9 yrs., that would make her kittens/cats 7 yrs. Queen Rosie is the tabby. You can tell by the looks on their faces the ones that don't get along.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You know how you look a something everyday and don't really pay much attention and then one day it looks different... that happened to me as I was cooking supper....
    I can see this wasp nest from my kitchen window, it is attached to the wall under the overhang of our porch and usually swarming with wasp. On this afternoon, the wasp nest looked different. I kept looking at the nest trying to figure it out, and the nest started moving (no I hadn't any wine). The more I looked, the clearer the object became. It was a small chicken/rat snake that somehow climbed the wall and wrapped itself around the wasp nest and was eating the wasp larva. I took a picture... I knew no one would believe me, including Mr. ING. By the time I had convinced him to come look..."Well I'll be..." and he went outside, the snake was gone. He figured it got full and dropped down it the shrubs....
    So much for that can of wasp spray.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why didn't it get stung to death? That is really weird.

I don't know. I'm puzzled by that myself. There had been wasp around it the day before, so I don't know if it caught them an ate them, or what happened.
    That is why I took a picture, it was just too strange.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Between the wasps and the snakes, my skin is absolutely crawling!!! Somebody would have to DO SOMETHING!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That is awesome, inthegarden!

But I hunt wasp nests and kill them (if they're on the house, deck, vehicles, stuff in the yard).

A few years ago I got stung twice by wasps, not fun. And then a couple years later, I got chased down by what I think were killer bees. I slammed a gate hard, and disturbed their nest (unknowingly). They chased me for 50 feet, and I got stung 7 times. I'm surprised the adrenaline and exertion didn't kill me. Luckily I am not allergic to stings.

I figure they have lots more places to nest than in my territory.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4062206;
    Why didn't it get stung to death? That is really weird.
    Just guessing, but I think the wasps probably did sting the snake, but the scales would protect it unless a stinger went under the scale and into the skin, which would be unlikely. Remember snakes even have a transparent scale covering their eyes. I wish I could see the head to see what kind of snake it is. I think it might be a hognose, because the wasp larvae are something it would eat. If it is, that's about as big as they get if i'm judging right by this picture.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread