+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

As the staff to critters who like to spend time hanging around my computer keyboard, something told me to get a toothpick and dig around the keys. I can almost build a 5th kitty with what I dug out from between the keys that was not readily visible to the naked eye!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4039989;
    How hot is it? Does this give you an idea?

A friend sent me this today.
    That is too funny. Mr. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4040972;
    As the staff to critters who like to spend time hanging around my computer keyboard, something told me to get a toothpick and dig around the keys. I can almost build a 5th kitty with what I dug out from between the keys that was not readily visible to the naked eye!!!
    Oh I believe it. I have a friend/neighbor with a Yellow Lab/Golden Retriever Mix who loves me so much he must rub all over me when I visit ... especially if I am wearing black. It's like bringing home a new golden "friend" for my poodle.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

MRD

My daughter's rabbit had to be put down yesterday. She had Buns almost 3 years I think. Maybe 4 (my brain is mush). She had some kind of incurable illness. (I'm in Florida, they are in SC). I remember bringing Buns home cupped in my 2 hands up against my chest on Christmas Eve and hiding her and the cage in my bathroom and putting it all out under the tree to surprise my daughter the next morning. I feel awful that I can't be there with her, I know she's upset.
    And that tiny little rabbit got bigger than Rosie and Bogie. Was the biggest bunny I've ever seen.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You know I am thinking of Lucy and Jake, and you of course
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My dog Chauncy and my friend's bird Pretty Bird sharing a meal.
    I do miss the old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4042493;
    My dog Chauncy and my friend's bird Pretty Bird sharing a meal.
    I do miss the old boy.

Oh Unklescott - that is such a nice picture
    - The Dean Martin Show -

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4040972;
    Every time I vacuum, I look at my dog and wonder why he's not bald. And his hair is so fine and light that I don't notice that he's shedding that much until I check the Dyson's canister.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4046837;
    Every time I vacuum, I look at my dog and wonder why he's not bald. And his hair is so fine and light that I don't notice that he's shedding that much until I check the Dyson's canister.
    Boy, can I relate to that. I never really knew what shedding was all about until we got our Pug, Roxie. I don't know how she can lose so much hair and not be bald either.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I feel very bad for our neighbor who had to make the decision to put his 10 year old lab to sleep. Shadow was a black lab who loved everyone and every dog. His partner, Brynn wasn't so accommodating, but Shadow was a sweetheart. I'm pretty sure that our son's yellow lab Marley knows something's different because sometimes he would mosey on over and visit Shadow when he was outside. Poor neighbors came home and found Brynn at the door and Shadow laying at the bottm of landing. He came over and asked my husband to help him lift him into the car to take him to the animal ER. Another neighbor helped drive their car so our neighbor could comfort Shadow. It's gonna seem very strange not to see them walk around the neighborhood in the morning and evening.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;4047109;
    I feel very bad for our neighbor who had to make the decision to put his 10 year old lab to sleep. Shadow was a black lab who loved everyone and every dog. His partner, Brynn wasn't so accommodating, but Shadow was a sweetheart. I'm pretty sure that our son's yellow lab Marley knows something's different because sometimes he would mosey on over and visit Shadow when he was outside. Poor neighbors came home and found Brynn at the door and Shadow laying at the bottm of landing. He came over and asked my husband to help him lift him into the car to take him to the animal ER. Another neighbor helped drive their car so our neighbor could comfort Shadow. It's gonna seem very strange not to see them walk around the neighborhood in the morning and evening.
    Another precious one to the Rainbow Bridge
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread