+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I'll know more tomorrow, but at least the "c" word was ruled out - I tend to jump to conclusions
    Sounds like good news. Maybe just something that you can treat with medication and have her back to her old self in no time.

I didn't know there was such a thread here. I am crying my eyes out as I type this, my five year old (kitty) boy (his name is Little Boy) was rushed to the vet today. I wasn't here at the time, my dad took him. He said that he looked as if he was having alot of trouble urinating all morning, and then said he was 'walking funny' and was in obvious pain. The vet said he needs to stay overnight so they can catherize him under anesthesia and get all the backed up urine out. I don't even know what this condition is called. The vet also said he needs a diet change, I'm not sure what that means either, we'll know more tommorrow. Anyway, this is the first night without my boy in five years, and I'm so upset! He's truly my little fur-child! If things go well, I'll post his pic here when he gets home. Ugh, I need a Xanax. Pray for my Little Boy!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    goodluck to marybethp and firestorm, just got my dog out of the vet last week and trying to keep a McNab calm and quiet........i got a better chance of dating debbie dunning from home improvement.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    FireStorm - good luck with your kitty! I hope everything works out for Little Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    goodluck to marybethp and firestorm, just got my dog out of the vet last week and trying to keep a McNab calm and quiet........i got a better chance of dating debbie dunning from home improvement.
    You're too much Joeguy! You've had a heavy plate lately! Hope your pooch (and your gut!) are feeling better!

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I didn't know there was such a thread here. I am crying my eyes out as I type this, my five year old (kitty) boy (his name is Little Boy) was rushed to the vet today. I wasn't here at the time, my dad took him. He said that he looked as if he was having alot of trouble urinating all morning, and then said he was 'walking funny' and was in obvious pain. The vet said he needs to stay overnight so they can catherize him under anesthesia and get all the backed up urine out. I don't even know what this condition is called. The vet also said he needs a diet change, I'm not sure what that means either, we'll know more tommorrow. Anyway, this is the first night without my boy in five years, and I'm so upset! He's truly my little fur-child! If things go well, I'll post his pic here when he gets home. Ugh, I need a Xanax. Pray for my Little Boy!
    Firestorm, your little fella is going through what my Joey had twice a few years ago, a urinary blockage which if not caught in time (hours) can be fatal.
    Sounds like you got him there in time, but he may not be out of the woods yet. Joey was in the emegency hospital for 3 days and 2 nights the first time and then the fun starts watching his output and the diet of what the vet recommends. We'll be praying for you.

Thanks guys Y'all are so nice.

gabriel-Yikes, I was hoping this wouldn't be something that happens more than once. I can about imagine what the bill for this is going to be. I took Little Boy two weeks ago for his annual distemper shot, and that along with a quick exam was $50.00!
    The vet did say that it's good that he was brought in when he was, otherwise it could have been very bad. I am glad your little Joey is ok, now
    I feel so lonely without him here, he's such company for me. I hope he is doing OK tonight (crying again!)

Hi guys :wave

I am just looking for some recommendations. My puppy girl is getting really hairy, and I just need a really good brush to brush her out with.

Anyone have some recommendations?

Premium Member
    Callie - I forgot what kind of puppy you have, the best brush will depend on what her coat is like. When my Silky Terrier was a puppy I had no clue what brush to use so I went to PetsMart and asked someone, they have grooming service there so there should be someone around who is able to recommend a good brush. I also found that the different brushes will say on the label what kind of coat or which breeds they work best for, so you could try just shopping around first.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Callie - I forgot what kind of puppy you have, the best brush will depend on what her coat is like. When my Silky Terrier was a puppy I had no clue what brush to use so I went to PetsMart and asked someone, they have grooming service there so there should be someone around who is able to recommend a good brush. I also found that the different brushes will say on the label what kind of coat or which breeds they work best for, so you could try just shopping around first.
    I have a black lab mix

Here's a pic for reference:
    Last edited by Callie; 11-02-2006 at 01:08 AM.

Premium Member
    Aww... such a sweetie! Labs have nice shorter coats so you shouldn't need anything special, just a slicker or a pinhead brush should do fine. I like the slicker brushes with the handles that you can turn in different directions, makes it easier to use. I don't know if labs have an undercoat or not, Golden Retrievers do so we use an undercoat rake along with a slicker brush.

+ Reply to Thread