+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Peanut is a cute name and I picked it because it just popped in my head right after we got him from out of nowhere and I thought it was a perfect name for him, well my husband wasn't crazy about it and kept trying to name "HIM" at the time other things but we just sort of kept going back to Peanut so it stuck but after we realized she was a female then he really didn't like the name and by then we knew her personality more and she reminds us of Nala from The Lion King (and yes I'm aware that she was a cat haha) At first I just didn't want to change her name so as to not confuse her but she isn't even 6 mos so after reading posts on here and elsewhere online I too think it will be okay to change it, in fact she already seems to respond to it pretty well, so she is now Nala but she'll still always be my little peanut Also, I am so relieved to know 'someone' else has had a little gender confusion before

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;4032921;
    I've adopted grown dogs and changed their names. One dog was a stray with no fixed name at the shelter. Another dog was named "Sally" which is my mom's name, so I changed it to Suki. Both dogs responded to their new names within a day. I just repeated their name a lot in a happy voice, and praised them when they would look at me.

And I think Peanut is a cute name for a boy or girl.
    Thank you for this tip - I will do this also!

Hi all ...

Just wanted to thank you all for your help and answers regarding my 9 year old dog's dental procedure, The appointment is tomorrow morning and we are hanging in there.

Asking that you send good thoughts our way.

I'll keep you posted, and thanks again.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

All of my gurls have more than one name, and they know each of them. Why keep it simple when I can't even keep it straight? I'm like a mother with a slew of kids....I call each name until I finally land on the right one! I think Dez is the only one who doesn't have a nickname. Miss Sashay's nickname is "Bay" (for 'Baby'); Miss Chloe's nickname is "Ink-a-doodle" or "Dink-Dink" or "Dinka"; and Miss Celie's nickname is "Celie Guacamole"...don't ask me why.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;4033018;
    Hi all ...

Just wanted to thank you all for your help and answers regarding my 9 year old dog's dental procedure, The appointment is tomorrow morning and we are hanging in there.

Asking that you send good thoughts our way.

I'll keep you posted, and thanks again.
    The good thoughts go without saying.. Waiting to read how it goes tomorrow.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4033442;
    All of my gurls have more than one name, and they know each of them. Why keep it simple when I can't even keep it straight? I'm like a mother with a slew of kids....I call each name until I finally land on the right one! I think Dez is the only one who doesn't have a nickname. Miss Sashay's nickname is "Bay" (for 'Baby'); Miss Chloe's nickname is "Ink-a-doodle" or "Dink-Dink" or "Dinka"; and Miss Celie's nickname is "Celie Guacamole"...don't ask me why.

BooBoo is also Boobles, girlkitty, and meowkitty. Ringo is also called Goofus, Humpy, and Stripey Varmint.

Good luck at the dentist's. echo!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4034279;

BooBoo is also Boobles, girlkitty, and meowkitty. Ringo is also called Goofus, Humpy, and Stripey Varmint.

Good luck at the dentist's. echo!
    Oh wow! Buddy, Jaxi, and D.Bo all have nicknames too!

Buddy is B, BoBo, BooBoo, Bubba, Papi
    Jaxi is usually just Jax but sometimes Pretty Pretty or Pretty Princess. haha!
    D.Bo is DB as in DEE BEE or Deebs

Roxie is aka Pugsley, Pug Bug, or just Bug. My son just got a dog and they named him Rocky, so consider how confusing that is when he is here with Rocky and we have Roxie.

When I was little I got a kitten and I named "her" Tammy. (After the "Tammy" movies back in the 60's. Anyone remember them?) Well, a few weeks later the neighbor was over and commented on how our Tammy was actually a "Tommy", so that became his name. He didn't seem to mind either name though, as long as dinner wasn't late.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4034575;
    Roxie is aka Pugsley, Pug Bug, or just Bug. My son just got a dog and they named him Rocky, so consider how confusing that is when he is here with Rocky and we have Roxie.

When I was little I got a kitten and I named "her" Tammy. (After the "Tammy" movies back in the 60's. Anyone remember them?) Well, a few weeks later the neighbor was over and commented on how our Tammy was actually a "Tommy", so that became his name. He didn't seem to mind either name though, as long as dinner wasn't late.
    My grandparents had a big white fluffy kitty wander up to their house once and my sister and I called it , "Mr. Fluff". Well, "Mr Fluff" had kittens a few weeks later. So it was "Mrs. Fluff" after that.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Dozer's nickname is Brian (who is my son) cause I always call him that.
    come to think of it, he answers to anything.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread