+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Thanks. The point is moot until I get into my house. Was assured by the realtor they're accepting my offer and are just doing the bank-owned house red tape. He said to go ahead and arrange for the house inspection. I got an appointment for Wednesday.
    Count your blessings!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Do you guys know if it's common for dogs to have accidents in the house after being neutered?

I got my dog, Cooper, neutered last Monday (8 days ago). Tonight, he peed in my bedroom. He has been housebroken for nearly 10 months and never has accidents in the house. Do you think it was just a fluke or do you think I maybe should call the vet just in case he has some sort of infection?
    Wake up and be awesome

Don't wait for advice from us. Call the vet
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4021488;
    Do you guys know if it's common for dogs to have accidents in the house after being neutered?

I got my dog, Cooper, neutered last Monday (8 days ago). Tonight, he peed in my bedroom. He has been housebroken for nearly 10 months and never has accidents in the house. Do you think it was just a fluke or do you think I maybe should call the vet just in case he has some sort of infection?
    I would call the vet
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

When we had Roxie spayed, she pooped on the floor as soon as she got back home. That is very unusual for her. She never goes in the house. And she hasn't since, so I just thought that was her way of telling me she wasn't happy with what happened. I agree that it wouldn't hurt to at least call the vet though, and see what they say. Could be an infection. Good luck!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

AshleyPSU I would call the Vet, since it has been 8 days after he was neutered. Keep him confined in a area that can be cleaned up easily. If he does have an infection, it will be hard for him to control his bladder. Poor fellow, hope he feels better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4021488;

we were told by my vet that when our Buddy pooped and peed on the floor after years of being trained, something is off with him. In Buddy's case, he was in major pain. He didn't want to make the effort to wake us or go to the door or anything resembling his normal self. Call the vet for sure.

I hope I'm not repeating but I searched this thread and didn't see any post about it.

P&G has recalled just about all of their canine and feline dry foods made at a plant in Ohio due to suspected salmonella contamination. It includes IAMS and Eukanuba as well as the veterinary (prescription) formulas such as low residue, etc. If you heard earlier it was only "selected" formulas ... they just expanded it to include almost everything dry (not canned) and closed the plant/facility down.

Again, I apologize if this is news you already know and thanks for your tolerance ... but better safe than sorry.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thanks for the info! You caused me to run outside to my car to see what I had bought yesterday. Luckily, I bought Hill's Science.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You are welcome. My dog has been on IAMS prescription Low Residue ( canned and dry) and my Vet is substituting Hills ID.

Introducing another topic if I may. I am having a hard time because according to my Vet, my 9 year old, 18 pound miniature poodle must have a serious dental cleaning. Apparently the vet is worried and says I have no choice but to do it soon, because with the amount of plaque she has built up gum disease and other dental related problems may be imminent. I know that during the process they may even find extractions necessary if tooth is loose or infected.

I never had a dog or cat who needed dental cleaning or work, and I am especially VERY fearful of the anesthesia for her. This stems from my own personal fear of anesthesia so naturally that cascades to a lot of concern and worry for my 4-legged bundle of joy. The Vet basically said that I have no choice and that not doing it risks her having a happy/healthy life. He says bad teeth can cause multiple serious health problems for her.

I know I don't need to say here how very much I love this little dog.

I have made a tentative appointment for next Wednesday the 11th and I am wondering if some here might have any tips, possibly know of any specific questions I should ask in advance or anything I may have a need to know, and/or are willing to share any personal experiences? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by echo226; 08-04-2010 at 06:44 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread