+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, took the dogs out for a run and my McNab goes and pulls the ligement from the back of her rear leg loose. so that $2,300 going out to the vet friday....the day after I get my gut operated on and also the washing machine has broke down
    Last edited by joeguy; 08-10-2005 at 04:56 AM.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Someday i'll have a pet of my own, when i do, im going to look for a little maltese.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey
    Hey you guys!!! Just want to let you know that there's a very FUN and INTERESTING game called "America's Next Top Pet Model" going on in the "Games" forum.

WE NEED YOU TO VOTE, please!!! PLEASE VOTE HERE

Thanks very much.

Premium Member
    Thanks for the reminder Pom, I actually remembered to vote yesterday. Everyone should go check this out, the pictures are all really good.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I am worried about Abbie (she's a 10 year old Springer Spaniel). Here's a pic for your viewing pleasure.

The other morning I went to let her out and the little area rug in front of the sliding glass door was soaking wet. It didn't smell strongly of urine, so I thought it might have been my 6 year old spilling something and not telling me. I actually forgot to ask her - I just cleaned the floor, tossed the rug in the wash and forgot.

This morning, Abbie's dog bed was soaking wet, with a small dribble line on my carpet.

I called the vet and am bringing her in today at 4:45. They want a urine sample (that was fun - I had her on the leash in our fenced yard and followed her with a small tupperware container. She was looking at me like "what is WRONG with you Mom?"). I did manage to get the sample (yay me!) and we'll see what's going on.

I hate that she's getting old. I hate that dogs don't live as long as humans. She is my first child and I love her to pieces. I know it could be something simple, but I always fear the worst. And to top it off, I leave for Ocean City, MD on Saturday and my Mom has to take care of her for a week. That won't be fun for her either, not to mention I don't want to leave her!

I'll keep you posted on the situation - if you could keep her in your doggie prayers, I'd appreciate it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ah Marybeth Here's hoping it's just a little UTI and nothing serious!

FORT Fogey
    Aw, marybethp, I'm so sorry to hear that she's getting old and having "old lady problems."

Hey, if it helps, I will tell you that I, too. . . . aw, nevermind. Maybe I'll go to the "No Boys Allowed" thread for that story!

Anyway, I was a vet technician for more than a decade and we used to see a lot of older, spayed female dogs develop this very type of problem.

If Abbie's got the same thing going on they can likely fix her right up with a prescription of Diethylstilbestrol. It's just a little tiny red tablet that helps a lot.

The Pomeranians and I will certainly keep you in our thoughts and prayers and I hope it's just a quick fix for Abbie!!

Pom

Premium Member
    Aww, Marybeth. What a sweetheart. We will be thinking of you and hoping it's nothing too serious, keep us posted.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Thank you everyone

Abbie had the lovely rectal exam - she's still glaring at me for it. However, she has no signs of tumors or anything out of the ordinary. Because I was able to score a urine sample, they'll have the results back tomorrow. He said whatever it is doesn't seem serious - he'll treat it with medication if it's an infection. Did say it's common in older females (not you Pom ) and it could have been a fluke - especially since it happened on her doggie bed, which was when she was sleeping.

He's such a great vet - he's always comforting, yet he doesn't sugarcoat anything.

I'll know more tomorrow, but at least the "c" word was ruled out - I tend to jump to conclusions

Thanks guys!

Marybeth, I'm glad to hear things sound encouraging. Hopefully it is just an infection.

+ Reply to Thread