+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3918213;
    My daughter's hamster died last night. He was old, for a hamster. He had gone deaf and I think his sight was going, too. It was kind of a blessing because he had lost a lot of weight and was sick. She is still heartbroken, though. I had a feeling yesterday and tried to prepare her for it, but how can you prepare someone for losing their beloved pet. We buried him and put some stones over his grave so animals won't dig him back up. Now lets just hope the obnoxious kid that was over today leaves him alone. He wanted to dig him up to look at him. He got told no but some kids don't listen.
    Oh geez, dagwood, I'm sorry. I just went through the same thing with my kids and Little Kitty. I think its almost worse to experience the kid's pain than it was to experience my own pain. I'm sorry that your daughter has to go through that.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I had promised to share some pictures of my new cats and I've been swamped ever since! But here they are. The little tiger is Billy. The lovely lady on the stairs is Millie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Stargazer, truly adorable!!! Thanks for sharing.

It's amazing how much Billy looks like Hardy when he was a baby.

I know! He really reminds me of those boys, Unk.

Stargazer, they are both so precious!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Eeeeeeeeek! Another orang kitty! And Star, if Millie is like most tortoiseshell kitties, she will have a fun, fun perrsonality (tortitude)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

What cuties, Star.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If I just didn't already have 4.................
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We live on the Gulf coast where a couple of hurricanes have gone through in the last few years and I keep 'inheriting' displaced cats that I don't know WHAT to do with! We've taken them in and adopted them out until I no longer have anywhere to take my last one. She's already had two sets of kittens (she's a wild cat and not adoptable,even tho she lets me rub on her at times--cautiously). I'm wanting to catch her in some way and get her fixed like the others, but my husband is finally putting his foot down on the expense (we've already paid a few hundred dollars getting cats fixed, shots, or put to sleep because we've found out they had feline leukemia, poor things) Anyway, three weeks ago we were actually able to catch this last mommy cat and her five PRECIOUS kittens and took them to the Humane Society where since they were overflowing already we had to literally beg them to take the kittens. Unfortunately they told us that since Mommycat is wild that they won't take her because shes unadoptable.... They said to get her fixed (good luck luring her back in that cage!) and take her out to the woods and that she'll survive. They seemed very sincere about it. The problem is that I've fed her for over a year and she's stopped bringing in birds and squirrels (poor little things,that was a sight!) I'm afraid she'll have lost the instinct to hunt and I just hate to let her out in some woods somewhere! (even though they seemed to think she would be ok...) I feel like I'm deserting her! Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any animal experts out there who could assure me that she will survive and I'm not leaving an innocent animal out in the wilderness to starve?! Gee I hate these hurricanes and the innocent animals who get blown up here at my house, lost from their own homes!

+ Reply to Thread