+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3900663;
    I'm really missing my babies right now.
    Call home and talk to them. (or would that excite them too much?)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD, you didn't have a JR under the seat in front of you on the way down? Watch out or you will be 'finding' a puppy or something...if one happens to walk by the pool, that is.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My Maine Coon, Dez, is 2 years old and has, only recently, turned the corner on being affectionate with me. I am so tickled! She follows me around the house a lot, and likes to come and sit wherever I land. When I sit at the kitchen table, she immediately gets on the closest chair, and this little head and nose pop out, as she checks out whatever I am doing; she always wants to know what I am eating, but she's not big on human food, but I still offer a little. What really has surprised me is that, this morning, we got a thunderstorm from hell; the other gurls were long gone and invisible. Dez just sat on the corner of the dresser, keeping me company. She didn't even jump when there was an extremely noisy clap of thunder that sounded like it was directly over the house, with lightening in the backyard! And the windows were open, too! She has turned me into more mush than I usually am!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Very GOOD! You are now OFFICIALLY the STAFF!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Nah, not calling home. Don't need to talk to the people that would answer the phone. Now if Rosie or Bogie would answer, then ok.

And I will NOT be finding a puppy down here. I am learning to limit contact because all the things I love go away.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3901292;
    Nah, not calling home. Don't need to talk to the people that would answer the phone. Now if Rosie or Bogie would answer, then ok.

And I will NOT be finding a puppy down here. I am learning to limit contact because all the things I love go away.
    Oh, MRD, please don't talk like that.
    I have a strong feeling that things will be looking up for you.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You will KNOW when it's your time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Great pictures of the cow and her calves, Lil Bit. We have had several sets of twins through the years, and they are so much fun to watch. I'm not sure if this is the norm, but we've experienced that if there is a bull and heifer calf, the heifer calf is usually sterile, but if both calves are the same sex then they should be able to reproduce. We once had a cow who had her twins on opposite sides of the pasture, it took us forever to convince her that they were both hers, we finally had to put her up in the barn with the calves until she figured it out.

Sorry about your lose Star, but glad to hear that you have some new babies to love.

Gabriel, sorry about your lose, I hope that I am that fortunate to have Chloe that long.

Speaking of Chloe, I was pleased that I was getting some attention from her (head buts, loud purrs, wanting to be petted) then I walked into the kitchen and found her food bowl was empty, I filled it for her and she ate a bite, and then ignored me. I am only the staff...

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3902333;
    Speaking of Chloe, I was pleased that I was getting some attention from her (head buts, loud purrs, wanting to be petted) then I walked into the kitchen and found her food bowl was empty, I filled it for her and she ate a bite, and then ignored me. I am only the staff...
    Yes we are ONLY THE STAFF, but wouldn't change a moment of it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

A friend's cat had babies this week.

+ Reply to Thread