+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Premium Member
    Thanks for your kind words Callie and Gabriel. I came across a really fun picture of Marley with 2 tennis balls in her mouth. As soon as I can get the scanner working I will post it.

Ah Marley, I'm so happy that people like you exist to spread happiness to those around you and take in such sweet animals!

My foster is, the, well - not smartest cat I've come across. She runs into things - constantly - while playing. She enjoys jumping into the wall and sliding down it - she does it several times a night. The car lights come through the window against the wall, and she runs, jumps on the trampoline and likes bouncing INTO the wall! So I hear 'scamper, scamper, scamper, jump SLAM and Sliiide down the wall, then over again. She also attacked her own foot last night. She was scratching herself, then caught sight of her foot out of the corner of her eye, started growling then grabbed for it, gnawing at it while kicking it with her other back foot.

Yet, despite her mental deficit, she is so endearing I hope she gets a home that accepts her for who she is. And soon, because I'm starting to fall for her dumb and dumber charms.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I came across a really fun picture of Marley with 2 tennis balls in her mouth. As soon as I can get the scanner working I will post it.
    I can't wait to see this picture 'cause it sounds like it's a real cute one!!

Eight months isn't long, but it's long enough for them to get indelibly etched into our hearts, that's for sure.

I had my first Pomeranian for only 9 months -- I got him from a rescue group and he had a compressed intervertebral disk, unbeknownst to me.

It was a sad, sad, sad day when I had to put him to sleep, and I'll never forget him.

So yeah, Marley, I know the anniversaries can be hard, but I commend you for opening your home up to the two little cuties who you have now.

Please HURRY with the scanner and get that girl's picture up here!!!

Premium Member
    Glitter, You are a special person for what you do in fostering animals. I don't think I could do it because I'm afraid I would never want to give them up. Our first Golden came from Golden Retriever Rescue and I know a big part of the reason he was such a wonderful dog was thanks to the love and care he got in his foster home.

Pom, I will scan it as soon as I can! The scanner is connected to the computer in my son's room, my 19 year old who is home from college and sleeps 1/2 the day. I have to figure out why it didn't work last time I tried to scan... it's probably just the idiot user and not the machine.
    When we remember Marley we are always amazed by how much of an impact she had on our lives in such a short time. This year was a lot easier than the first annivesary last year. The best thing we did was not waiting to get another dog. At first, when we found out we were going to lose her we didn't think we could do it again because Marley was the second dog we lost in only 8 months. Then, the very next day when we came home from work and she wasn't there, the question became "just how long do we think we can stand not having a Golden in the house?" Six days later my husband found an ad in the Sunday paper for Golden Retriever puppies and 1/2 hour later we were on our way to an Iowa farm to pick up little Katie Jo (my current av). That was 2 years ago and it's a huge relief that we have made it past that 2 year mark with Katie and she is a normal healthy dog.

FORT Fogey
    The best thing we did was not waiting to get another dog.

Here's a big to that!!! I couldn't agree more. Katie's so lucky to have you guys, and I'm so glad you didn't let the void left by Marleybone lay empty for too long. I hope you have your current dogs for many years ahead!!

When my little avvie passed away last October I was crushed, just so sad. But I knew his end was near 'cause he'd been in congestive heart failure, so I connected with the New England Pomeranian Rescue and we lined up a dog "on deck" for me to adopt when my avatar's time finally came.

Like you, Marleybone, I didn't wait.

I think NOT WAITING was a great idea, not only for me but also for the dog I adopted after my avatar passed away.

I was just looking through pictures of the Pom I adopted and I was struck by the contrast in his appearance, from "BEFORE" to "NOW" and it hit me, not waiting to adopt is good for the new pets, too!!!

October 2004: Immediately After Adoption

July 2005 - 10 Months After Adoption

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    October 2004: Immediately After Adoption

July 2005 - 10 Months After Adoption

WOW!!! What a difference! Looks sooo much more happier!

SOOOO CUTE Pomie!

Aw, I love that second pic. Too cute!

We've got two cats, but hubby and I would like to have a dog. However, between his school, my work, and home renovations/repairs we don't feel we have the time to properly train and care for a dog right now. Maybe in another year or so.

I'd prefer a bigger dog, but those poms are absolutely adorable!

Glitter, You are a special person for what you do in fostering animals. I don't think I could do it because I'm afraid I would never want to give them up. Our first Golden came from Golden Retriever Rescue and I know a big part of the reason he was such a wonderful dog was thanks to the love and care he got in his foster home.

[

Yeah, well - while it was easier to hand off one cat, this one now - well, wasn't so easy as she's still here. The rescuer was unsure of the home to begin with so I told him to just leave her here for now - I'd rather not have her get passed from home to rescue to home. The more she's here the more I'm falling for her. She curls up next to me at night, and is beginning to 'talk'. She really is the perfect apartment cat, and gosh darn it - she is going to a home that will not send her back, even is she stays here for a long time.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I hope you have your current dogs for many years ahead!!
    Me too. The one thing that haunts me a little is that with Katie being 2 years old and Dolly being 7 we stand a chance of someday losing them both very close together. By the time Katie is 10, Dolly will be 15 and they will both be old ladies. I shouldn't think like that now, just enjoy them both for all the years ahead.

By the way, your little Pom is just adorable!

Hi everybody! I had no idea there was a thread out here for pet discussion. I only have one dog. She's a pitbull that we adopted from the animal shelter on April 17th last year (the day before my birthday). She was 6 months then so now she, I believe, will be 2 years old in October. She's my baby. I'm glad we adopted her because everybody at the shelter wanted her to find a good home because eventually she would have to be euthanized if she couldn't be placed. I could tell her old owners neglected her because she always scrounged around for food like it was her last meal. We've mainly broken her of that habit and I'm so glad we decided to get her. I'd scan a picture if my scanner wasn't broken .

+ Reply to Thread