+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

RIP, Little Kitty; I'm glad you did the right thing, Star.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Stargazer, Now she is running free at the Rainbow Bridge. My heart goes out to you and Paulie.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

What an incredible story Star, thanks for sharing. Unk, it sounds like a new door opened for you at the time. So many things do happen for a reason in life!

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes. Its all so weird around here today. I haven't lived without a cat since I was about 5 years old, with the exception of one semester of college. I don't know what to do with myself without a cat around. I've had my pets die before, obviously, but I always had a second cat at the time. This is just bizarre. I keep looking for Little Kitty at my feet or watching for her when I pull in the driveway (she was an indoor/outdoor cat). If it were just me, I'd probably run out to get another cat today so I can start getting to know another interesting cat personality. This is the first pet death my kids have really experienced, though (my daughter was too young when my last cat died and my step-kids have only experienced a mouse death). So I don't want them to think that you can just replace a pet like a broken plate or something. So I'm going to wait at least a couple weeks to give them time to properly grieve. My husband already knows what he wants to name a new cat. Bon Jovi, of all things. He's not even a Bon Jovi fan, he just thinks its a funny name. I told him we'll have to discuss that one.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Star,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My Chaucer died of the very same thing, but he was a lot older and, at the end, I had to give him fluids like Unk did with his prior cat. The good thing about the CRF is that I am now super aware of watching out for the early signs of it - inceased thirst, especially. I noticed it with muy current cat a year after I adopted him. So far, he is still borderline CRF and is doing very well. We caught it in time and he gets the wet KD (kidney diet) food. Cats can't live on crunchies, alone. They really need the mositure that the wet food provides.
    I think it's great that the FORT was able to bring you together with Unk so that he could adopt Laurel and Hardy.
    So many good things do happen on this board, don't they?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Star, I'm so sorry about your cat. I remember clearly following the saga here of Unk adopting her kittens from you.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

One of our cows had her calf this afternoon. My sons girlfriend got to see it. First time she's seen a calf being born, so she was thrilled. The mama isn't very friendly with us so I had to zoom, but I got a couple of pretty good pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thank You for sharing with us.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

And then there were two.... she had twins!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sorry about your kitty, Star.

How cool, lil_bit.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread