+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Possums can be mean if threatened. They have sharp teeth and claws.

Shay, I have eaten possum before. Only once. It wasn't bad. I've never had another opportunity to eat it. But it wasn't whole either.

But remember, I grew up in "Hooterville".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They offered the guest whichever prime piece of the possom that they wanted....brain, included. I think there was also a cooked raccoon. The guy said that the brains of the two animals tasted different. It was a pretty special event with other invited guests. I couldn't help but wonder, when we're talking about possum/raccoon brains...isn't that what they examine when they are looking for rabies? Seems like that would be dangerous.

Blew me away.

Vegetarinism looks better and better to me everyday.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We buried our Tiny cat who died over a year ago from feline leukemia in a garden bed that she loved. At the same site we planted a pretty azalea - the bright pink flowers are now in bloom. It is both sad and sweet.

As for our scaredy Buddy cat who remains with us - today as he was standing outside waiting for me to let him in the door, a little beam of sunlight shone through the raggedy notch in his ear (he gets into trouble from time to time). I wish I could have gotten a picture of it. It made that little "flaw" turn into a thing of beauty

mrd, it is good that you are getting out and about with Rosie and Bogie. Their joy should have a good effect on you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3885276;
    They offered the guest whichever prime piece of the possom that they wanted....brain, included. I think there was also a cooked raccoon. The guy said that the brains of the two animals tasted different. It was a pretty special event with other invited guests. I couldn't help but wonder, when we're talking about possum/raccoon brains...isn't that what they examine when they are looking for rabies? Seems like that would be dangerous.

Blew me away.

Vegetarinism looks better and better to me everyday.

I'll have to send you the recipe for "Paw Scott's Possum" and also the one about how to cook "Hawg Brains".... Not that I have EVER tried this, but Paw Scott was my great-grandfather and one of his grandsons wrote a book about life in South Georgia and included those delicious recipes and a few others.....

MRD - I'm glad that Bogie and Rosie are getting to go for car rides again. I hope that helps all three of you.

We've had 24 hours of severe weather/tornados/lots of rain. Henry, of course, has been horrified by this. About halfway through, we got tired of CARRYING him outside to "go" - so we pulled our patio table up next to the side of the house. He can now go under there and pee without getting wet.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I'm not positivre, but I think the Rabies virus is destroyed by heat in the cooking process. I have never been able to bring myself to eat brains. I know people that do. My mom said she had them for breakfast almost every morning when she was pregnant with me. I guess that's why I'm so smart.

Well we haven't gotten out all that much, but the couple times we did it was nice. I'm finding joy to be short lived. As soon as I come back to this house, whatever benefit I had is gone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3885338;
    We buried our Tiny cat who died over a year ago from feline leukemia in a garden bed that she loved. At the same site we planted a pretty azalea - the bright pink flowers are now in bloom. It is both sad and sweet.

As for our scaredy Buddy cat who remains with us - today as he was standing outside waiting for me to let him in the door, a little beam of sunlight shone through the raggedy notch in his ear (he gets into trouble from time to time). I wish I could have gotten a picture of it. It made that little "flaw" turn into a thing of beauty

mrd, it is good that you are getting out and about with Rosie and Bogie. Their joy should have a good effect on you, right?
    What a sweet way to remember your Tiny cat
    It seems as though I never have my camera at the right time either. :

I don't know how I missed this, but what a wonderful way to remember Tiny cat.

I can't tell you how many pictures I've missed.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Its funny the where's my camera is being discussed. I have missed so many pictures for that very same reason. I have a fairly new blackberry and it has a camera, my previous one didn't, so I never think to use the camera. Tonight, I finally thought about using my phone camera for a picture. I went out to dinner with some g/friends, and when I stopped to pick up one of them, she was just coming back from taking her two pugs for a walk! Adorable!

Ok, so I can't share them because my sync USB is at work, and I'm at home!

MRD - Just saw this - I've been away. So sorry to hear about Waldo. pneumonia? He had no signs of it the day before? Just wondering as I had never heard of that causing a dog's death. Poor you. So sad to hear. I'll keep you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers!

I just found out Laurel and Hardy's mom is real sick and will probably have to be euthanized soon. Here she is with Hardy when he was a baby.

+ Reply to Thread