+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

I feel so bad for Bogie. He keeps trying and trying to get Rosie to play with him and she won't. He really misses his playmate.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That makes me sad. Give Bogie a hug from me.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Oh poor Bogie. Maybe claudia, Jake or lucy could run around the yard with him.

Out my window about sunrise, I noticed that my Feral kitties where all watching "something" that they obliviously thought too menacing to approach (which usually means poisionous snake), so I grabbed my shovel and snuck around the house to "help"... What I saw (where was my camera?) was a Mama Opossum who had come for a snack of kitty food, and brought her litter of "possumettes" with her... she was trying to eat and watch them too, one was trying to crawl off, so she just grabbed it by the tail and hung on and kept right on eating, no big deal ... after she finished, she realized the sun had caught her so she just gathered her crew and climbed into one of the kitty houses and went to sleep. The kitty's climbed all over their house, looked in and watched them sleep, they finally got tired of watching them and left. Around dark, I snuck back around to check, she was up having a snack for the road, and then along with her babies, waddled off.
    She left without paying her "hotel" bill ...

MRD

I've taken Rosie and Bogie for rides in the car, walks and to the park. All things I haven't done with them since we got Waldo as he was so sad to be left home alone and he couldn't go because of his car anxiety and car sickness.
    They have enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3885012;
    I've taken Rosie and Bogie for rides in the car, walks and to the park. All things I haven't done with them since we got Waldo as he was so sad to be left home alone and he couldn't go because of his car anxiety and car sickness.
    They have enjoyed it.
    What a bittersweet moment.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Very bittersweet, but they've had a good time, so I guess I enjoyed it too. They love to go in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3885209;
    Very bittersweet, but they've had a good time, so I guess I enjoyed it too. They love to go in the car.
    Methinx that Waldo's spirit went with y'all.

I'm typing through tears for you and Waldo.

Don't I wish that everyone I love could live forever.

I know what it's like to deal with animal idiosynchronicities . And why couldn't there be an easier word to say and spell for "that"? And now I'm wondering if I just made up a new word, subconsciously.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

inthegarden, I've been leaving cat food out for a feral cat, but sometimes I find a possum in it. Possums love cat food, LOL. They have very scary teeth but I think they are harmless (as long as they're not carrying disease).

I consider them to be wild animals, while feral cats are "in the middle" between wild vs. domesticated or pet material.

Still, it must have been awe-inspiring to observe mama possum with her (impossibly cute) baby possums.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Watched a show on the Travel Channel today about Appalacia where they prepared a full...as in not cut up...possom for a meal. That was one of the creepiest things I've seen in a long time. Apparently, it dates waaaay back. There was NO mistaking what it was, when the top of the cooker was pulled off.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread