+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Question for all you knowledgeable animal lovers. I was at a dinner last night where I'd clearly had too much wine because I said I'd consider perhaps adopting a male Yorkshire Terrier. Apparently, he doesn't do that well with little kids. I don't know much about Yorkies. Any advice? It might not work anyway because my Jack Russell is a wee bit spoiled.
    I have a Silky Terrier which is a cross breed between a Yorkie and Austrailian Terrier. They have coats that are more like human hair than dog hair and require daily brushing and frequent grooming. I take Dolly in once a month for a bath and grooming but she could easily go more often. Wonderful dog though, she is very sweet. I don't know what the temperment of a Yorkie is or if it compares to Silkys, but Dolly is very feisty like a typical terrier and has no trouble asserting herself when the big dog gets a little rough. I just love her to death.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Pom and Marley. I'm used to the terrier temperament. We had a Scottish Terrier when I was a kid and I've had Libby for seven years. She tends to be a butthead with other dogs until she gets used to them. My sister and her husband and their lab mix lived with us for 6 weeks. The first two were a little tense. By the end, the two of them were good pals. The lab mix gets down low to play with Libby. It's really cute. I'm guessing that if I were to take the Yorkie I'd have to work mostly at home or keep them separated for a few weeks.

Why Marley, that Terrier is such model material hint hint hint.

I've always loved the little terriers, they are such bundles of attitude and energy. I love watching them play in the little dogs park!

I have this foster kitty now that has such a major foot fetish which, considering my 'troubles thread posting' is coming in handy right now! I get a full 5 minute foot rub down each day when I come home from work. She sleeps with her paws wrapped around my feet, and gives them the occassional lick. She is also the mouthiest cat I've experienced. She likes to just nip my hands, arms, etc. and then licks them all over. She will also just walk up to me and lick any exposed skin. Weird - I hope she gets a good home!

Hi lovely people!

I'm new here... I did not know theres a animal lover thread! so cool! thanks to Pomeraniac for telling me...

well I posted and the announcement thread, Im posting again.. here are my babies... i decided to try the safe coloring for animals, and its cute... and harmless... I think it looks like cotton candy..yumm LOL

Jessie: Sweet loving Golden
    Max: Needs attention/went to school no luck Rottie
    Dixie: White Persian cool n calm (now with blue tail)
    Sheva: spoiled bratt queen bi-color persian
    Last edited by noni; 08-04-2005 at 08:03 AM.

Great pictures of your pets, noni. I love the tail on Dixie!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    Why Marley, that Terrier is such model material hint hint hint.
    Thanks, she is definitely a cutie! If I could figure out my new digital camera software I might be able to do that.

Today I just came in here to say that I am taking some time today to remember my Marley on the second anniversary of her journey to Rainbow Bridge. It doesn't hurt as bad this year but I still think about her and the short time she was with us.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Today I just came in here to say that I am taking some time today to remember my Marley on the second anniversary of her journey to Rainbow Bridge. It doesn't hurt as bad this year but I still think about her and the short time she was with us.
    Awwww, Marleybone!!

I'm so sorry that you had to lose your baby and I'm sorry that today's the anniversary. I didn't even know her at all and it hurts me to read about your loss.

Just know that I'm out here in cyberspace thinking of you and your family, and the Pomeranians and I will keep you guys in our thoughts all day and beyond.

Take care, my friend, and let me know if I can do anything for you!!!

Premium Member
    Thanks Pom You give those Pomeranians a bunch of big kisses for me, ya hear?

Unfortunately it's part of the life of a pet owner as you well know. We adopted Marley from the humane society and when we found out she had cancer and ended up having to let her go she had barely been with us for 8 months. If I could do it over knowing what I know now that my heart would be broken I would still have taken her home. I wouldn't trade a single minute of the joy she brought to us.

One thing I will never understand though, is how a Golden Retreiver ends up in the humane society. Marley was there for the 4th time when we adopted here and she was only 1 1/2 years old. Her former owners would just open the front door and let her out, didn't pay any attention to where she went. The last time they were called to come pick her up they refused.. lucky for me but how sad that some people can be that stupid. When she died I took comfort in knowing that it wasn't about our pain and loss, but rather it was about Marley finally having the loving home she deserved for the last months of her short life.

Awwww Marley

It's so good that Marley's last days were with a family that really loved her alot.

I'll keep you in my thoughts today! I love people like you who get animals from the shelter. Nothing wrong at all with pure bred animals, but even the mutts and runts need love too

In Memory of Marley

Thoughts, prayers at the Rainbow Bridge for Marley from Mona & Joey & their dad of course..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread