+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Thanks inthegarden, I will let my friend know.

mrd, my heart goes out to you in this difficult time.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD. I hope things look up for you soon. Sorry to hear about all your troubles.

MRD... you and your family haven't been far from my thoughts since I found out about this. Waldo was a great dog and I'm sure that many of us here will ALWAYS remember your hilarious stories about him. I hope that soon, you'll be able to remember him with a smile too .
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD, I'm so sorry to hear about Waldo and about everything else you're dealing with. You know that you gave Waldo a great and happy 3 years, so take comfort in that. It does seem like all the bad stuff comes all at once, doesn't it? Just remember that there are people here who care about you and are here for you to lean on.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

Thanks all. Waldo was an amazing dog. I am going to miss him terribly. As for the rest of it. I don't know what is going to happen. But losing Waldo on top of it was just a very huge blow. My heart which was breaking before is absolutely shattered now.

I almost wish I could be emotionally detached from people, animals and things like my husband. It has to make these things so much easier when you have no feelings.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3878389;
    Waldo the wonder dog has gone to rainbow bridge. He died of pneumonia about 9 this morning. It was very sudden. I woke up at 4 and he was having difficulty breathing. We got him to the vet, they tried everything they could, but his lungs were full of fluid. He was fine yesterday. We are all heartbroken.
    I haven't said anything, but this comes on the heels of a very difficult separation from my husband. We have been separated for over 3 weeks now and things are not looking good. So losing Waldo at this time is especially difficult.
    We only had him 3 years. I know we gave him a great life and he gave us great love and taught us that no matter how bad things are, you can overcome them and be happy. I hope I can continue to remember this lesson in the weeks and months to come.

Oh, MRD. I am so sorry for all your troubles. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3879020;

I almost wish I could be emotionally detached from people, animals and things like my husband. It has to make these things so much easier when you have no feelings.

I understand this sentiment but it would make for a pretty miserable existence. Like others have said, one day at a time. We will be here for you.
    Last edited by dagwood; 04-17-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD, take the time to grieve and be sad. You've had enough on your plate to knock down 100 people! I remember when I lost Katie, and then Matt,....only through the grace of God and a lot of tears and a lot of friends and FoRTers have I been able to keep going! Know that each of us think that you're very special! You're talented! You're going to write a book! ok, maybe not a book yet, but it's an idea for you to put on your back burner for "later"!!!! And I'll be first in line to buy it!

MRD

My favorite picture of Waldo (and me)

Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's a great picture, MRD
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread