+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I'd say don't call him, but keep feeding him and spending time with him. Then I'd be calling the Humane Society and reporting the neglect, and how long the food bag has been empty. What about water?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay, I said the same thing. Let it go for as long as it takes, then report it. She stops by every morning and fills the water and food bowls. She returns later in the day/afternoon to take him for a walk and often times will go back around 9pm or 10pm for another short walk.

I have a question. She says everytime she takes him for a walk, he poops twice. She has been a dog owner for years, (I have not), and finds that very unusual.

Is anyone familiar with that?

Took 2 of the gurls to the vet; Chloe went for bloodwork (they draw it from her neck...), and Dez went for her annual shots and to get microchipped. It was a battle that was not quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. Got them into their individual carriers, with a little struggle...Chloe is aware of what carriers usually mean, Dez is not. It's amazing what a tactical operation this whole thing becomes. First, I have to go to the office (around the corner) and get their names on the list; I, then, have to come home to get them ready to go. First thing...change shoes so that I don't carry the scent of the vet's office into the house...time to put on my "cat- chasers". Chloe hissed, spat, and growled at Dez during most of the trip. Dez just tried, repeatedly, to head-butt her way out of the soft carrier. The gurls, eventually, quieted down until we got to the office, and the symphony began again. For some reason, people find the fussing funny. While waiting in line to tell them that I was back, my cell rings; it's our doc wanting to know where we are; "Doc, we're in the waiting room," I get the, "Come on back," and appear to jump the line; he even comes out to get one of the carriers. Can't tell you how good that felt!!! Chloe, "Her Meanness", did fine, but I didn't see her for the rest of the day; obviously, I had made her ()hit list. My poor Dez seemed to be fine, but I was feeling guilty because of the HUGE IV catheter they used to put in the microchip. She would hang out with me but I was hesitant to touch her due to that big, monster "hole" they had introduced...AND they had "gassed her down" to do the procedure so that she wouldn't have a bad association with coming to the vet. And I was the basket-case. Where was MY sedative??? Like with babies....it's always worse for the mothers!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay, I feel your pain! (but to be honest I'm thankful I don't have to do that!)

oh boy. I feel for you.

Just reading that I had tears in my eyes. I was a mess when I had to bring Louie in to get neutered. He was such a trooper and was actually hungry around 8pm the same night. I'm sure your gurls will be just fine, but how are you doing? Mom's take the brunt of it.

I was "shook", but I'm all better now and the gurls are back to normal.

I'm glad to hear it!

MRD

Waldo the wonder dog has gone to rainbow bridge. He died of pneumonia about 9 this morning. It was very sudden. I woke up at 4 and he was having difficulty breathing. We got him to the vet, they tried everything they could, but his lungs were full of fluid. He was fine yesterday. We are all heartbroken.
    I haven't said anything, but this comes on the heels of a very difficult separation from my husband. We have been separated for over 3 weeks now and things are not looking good. So losing Waldo at this time is especially difficult.
    We only had him 3 years. I know we gave him a great life and he gave us great love and taught us that no matter how bad things are, you can overcome them and be happy. I hope I can continue to remember this lesson in the weeks and months to come.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I am in total shock. How are you? You have my deepest condolences. How is your family? mrd, I am just so very, very sorry. God bless you guys, and Waldo.

I'm just reading the entire post and reading about you and hubby. Now, I'm having to remind myself to breathe.

Take care of yourself.

+ Reply to Thread