+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Lil Bit, that's awful. I can't believe people would just "throw away" a dog like that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Clown cat, Dez, is inching around the room under one of my favorite crocheted blankets. I don't know why. Another goofy thing on another goofy day, I guess. Somebody point me toward the feline psychiatrist, please! I didn't even notice her getting it off the chair.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay - HILARIOUS!

Since losing my Jasper in December, I've been working through my grief and giving Suki lots of attention, but I think I'm ready to get a new kitten. Suki has never been very bonded to me - she was always bonded to Jasper - so I'm sort of a pathetic substitute for a cat. She likes me fine, but she really needs a feline companion. I'd like to get another male because I've just had better luck with them disposition-wise. I've been looking at my budget and I can afford it BUT I'm wondering how much it costs now to neuter a cat. It's been so many years - about 14 to be exact - since I had to think about this. Anyone had to pay for this lately?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical, it may be more where you live due to cost of living, but it's only about $50 for a male around here, and even less at the low cost clinic.
    I'd like to ask you to at least think about this, though--since present cat is already an adult, please at least spend a little time with the grown kitties in your local shelter. They are less trouble than babies, and if you pick a really laid back one who doesn't seem to mind seeing the other cats when he comes out of his cage, take him to the 'cat room' for a few minutes to see how you like him. There are just so many adult cats that no one even looks at that it is sad. And many of them are wonderful, but have wound up in the shelter due to the family's economic or other troubles.
    Either way, enjoy looking. Oh, and don't go by the cat's looks, keep your other cat's personality in mind when you choose.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I will second queenb about looking at older cats, maybe one close in age to suki. Cost around here is 50-75.00 but keep in mind, some cats do become "only children " very well. I speak from experience. Joey loves being the only child. Mona would have been happy without Joey also. When he was in the hospital quite a few years ago, she was thrilled that the pest wasn't home.

And shelter animals are usually already spayed or neutered.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm telling you Lil Bit -- That Pug avatar always makes me smile BIG LIKE!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3857195;
    I'm telling you Lil Bit -- That Pug avatar always makes me smile BIG LIKE!
    Me too,

Rosie would be THRILLED if the boys somehow disappeared.

She has learned to open our bedroom doors. We have doube doors to the bedroom (no idea why and I hate them) and she has learned to bump the middle where they come together until they come open (they apparantly don't latch well). She did this the other night as I was sitting on the bed. The doors swung all the way open and she strolled in, threw me a look over her shoulder that said: "Ha, you can't keep me out" and then got up on the bed.
    My husband told me she can open them from the inside as well. I kept wondering why I was waking up and one of the doors was open. I thought he was getting up in the night. She bumps them from the inside until one will pop the latch and then she sticks her snout in the opening and pulls it open wide enough to get through. We've been here about a month.

On the other hand, Waldo has taken 3 years to learn the word "treat" and that has only happened recently.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Critical, I'll third queenb advice and our cost are about the same. Also, a young kitten is alot of fun, but older cats don't always respond well to the antics of a frisky kitten. I've had better luck working with a male and female as house buddies, it just depends on the cats personality.

Lil Bit, have you seen the Pedigree add for dentasticks ? I think of Roxie, with false teeth, everytime I see it.

phroshay, How do you ever get anything done with your clown kitties around?

Mrd, We have double doors in our bathroom, and if you shut them, Chloe will stand outside and beat on them until either they pop open or you open them. Drives me nuts.

This is Rosie who was awaken while taking a catnap on a haybale. She is channeling Mona's "the look".
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread