+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

OMG Unk that is toooooo funny. We have a rabbit that apparantly has a den under the house. He's fairly tame, we can almost walk up to him and he doesn't act scared if we're outside. But it is about to drive the dogs WILD. Fortunately, he is much faster than they are and has a hole he can bolt too.
    But I'm watching now when I let them out to make sure he's not around.
    Hubby saw an 8 point buck in the yard last week. First day here, the dogs treed a cat. And they've never really been around cats. I am now holding my breath that no skunks live nearby as the dogs are LOVING the country living. But the wildlife is definetly not something they are used too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Very funny Unk!!!

Back when my son was about 7, we were having trouble with a neighborhood cat using our flower beds for a litterbox so the animal control officer set a live trap. Well we never caught that cat, but did catch two raccoons, a bluejay, a crow and a possum. The trap was set behind our detached garage and our son liked to go out each morning to make a report on what we'd caught the night before. The morning that the possum was there, he fairly flew back into the house, with eyes as big as saucers, sputtering something about a "really ugly animal"!!! He'd never seen one before, but I knew from his description what it was!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD, do be careful about letting your dogs run loose--I know it's tempting to do it, because they love it so much. But no matter that you do live 'out in the country' now supervision is very more important in your current situation. Coyotes will eat the little ones, there are copperheads where you live, lots of critters will fight back, and if it's legal to 'target practice' in your area...
    BTW, reckon there's something wrong with that buck, still wearing antlers at this time of year? (I've seen pictures of "bucks" that turned out to actually be does, with permanent antlers that never fall off, and the velvet never sheds. Usually they can't reproduce either, because they have a messed up sex chromosome..)
    Anyway, I'm glad your moving has turned out to be for the better; no more parking issues or weird neighbors, I hope. (and I'm jealous of the light, also)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Queenb, they are supervised. I would never turn them loose. I leave that to the neighbor with the annoying cocker spaniel.

Just checking; I'm always hearing horrible stories from people who used to live in more developed areas that move out just a bit, and something terrible happens...I'm just a worry wart

MRD

Rosie is 13 today. In good health and still going strong. She has been running lately in our new yard. Other than I think she may be getting hard of hearing and have some gray hairs (aren't we all? ), she's still acting like a dog half her age.

Happy Birthday, Rosie and we hope you have that many more!

Happy Birthday to Queen Rosie. May she reign for many more years.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Happy Birthday to the QUEEN of the house.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good for you, Rosie! I am always amazed when my 13 year old gurl, Sashay, all of a sudden tears off in a run around the house, and seems to really enjoy fast running with her clown cat sister, Dez. Sashay is my sweet angel-gurl, unlike the rest of the gurls.

Miss Celie is needing attention today. I walked past my dresser, where she was sitting, and she reached out and bit me. Since it felt like a pinch, it had to be with her teeny, tiny front middle teeth. Then I caught her slowly approaching Miss Sashay, who was in a catnap on the bed with her back turned. I could see what was about to happen, and I said, "Cee...NO!" :nono She immediately turned and left...and I didn't even yell, since I didn't want to wake up Miss Sashay. Here, lately, Celie has been enjoying the sneak attacks on Sashay, and I'm trying to put a stop to it....after all, Miss Sashay is old lady!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread