+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 1737 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324641145141014 ... LastLast
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Everytime I pop back in here, there is a whole bunch of other cute cats and puppies. Isn't it funny how proud everyone is of their furry babies?

Unklescott- Sorry for your loss. My cat I had from back in college died last year and I still find myself glancing around the room for her.

Just remember that pets leave pawprints on your heart.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Honey looks a lot like Misha

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Wow...really cute pets, everybody! They all look so soft and cuddly. Also, thanks to everybody who commented on Missy--I feel like a proud parent or something like that. We got her when she was four weeks old because the owners were going to get rid of the kitten litter, one way or another. There were six kittens, and the mother had stopped nursing them and was neglecting them. Quite weird, really.

Speaking of weird, the mother was black with white patches. We can only guess what color the father was.... He was feral, most likely. It's been a slow procees to get her to be less wild and more lady-like, but she's starting to get really sweet. She didn't even purr for months, but now she is--probably because we've spoiled her rotten.

Jewels, I'd like to see a picture of Dusty!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    By the way, love your av. She looks like the first hybrid we attempted to rescue. We got her as an adult and she had been mistreated and was wild. I was the only one she bonded with. She escaped several times, and finally disappeared. She came back once, four months after she disappeared, and watched me from a distance all day. Then she went back into the woods and I never saw her again. I kinda felt like she was telling me she was better off. I guess she was more wolf than dog.
    Thanks! You must've really had a great connection with that hybrid dog for it to come back and say to you, "I'm going to be alright".

Shelby as a puppy
    [IMG]images/img/babyshelb2.jpg[/IMG]

At 9 years old
    [IMG]images/img/shelb.jpg[/IMG]

I've posted this before in one of these threads, but what the heck, here it is again. This is Chauncy who I had to put to sleep after 19 years about 5 years ago and my 2 kittys. This is what I used to see when I would come home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Thanks! You must've really had a great connection with that hybrid dog for it to come back and say to you, "I'm going to be alright".

Shelby as a puppy
    [IMG]images/img/babyshelb2.jpg[/IMG]

At 9 years old
    [IMG]images/img/shelb.jpg[/IMG]

I love the one with Shelby on her back My Malamute does that, too. Maybe its something about artic breeds acting unladylike

So many pretty animals on here.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Sher- Does Bella have border collie in her too? She reminds me of some of the looks that Misha gets sometimes. You can tell Bella is a big old baby too.

hey star, she IS a big ole baby. doesn't realize she's 50 lbs when she's crawling into your lap!

my dad also mentioned that she gets the exact expressions as border collies... and she will also needle you with her nose incessantly to play.

but i don't know. i adopted her from operation kindness. she was one of 2 puppies that were offsprings of a stray, and they were all rescued. the only thing that operation kindness said was australian shepherd mix, so your guess is as good as mine.

Wolf, Shelby is adorable!!!
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Stargazer, I am using the add file and it is a .doc, but it still isn't working. Maybe my dad can figure it out for me later!
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Quote Originally Posted by *~GymQT~*
    Stargazer, I am using the add file and it is a .doc, but it still isn't working. Maybe my dad can figure it out for me later!

I wish I could help you out, but I just started learning how to do it. Anyone out there have some better advice for GymQT?

+ Reply to Thread