+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

In my house, it's catnip! It becomes, "Katie, bar the door!! Here comes the stampede!"

Unk, those mice on that cat gave me the creeps and made my hair stand on end!

It's official.....I'm itching...
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Glad to hear Princess is going to be okay.
    Chloe, who was a Feral, is very scary too. She has a hiding spot and will run to it at the least little noise and if company comes by. I make sure that no doors are closed and that she can get to her hiding spot.
    She is very glad that the Holidays are over and she can get back to her normal routine... eating, sleeping and staying warm by laying under the wood heater, catching treats, watching for birds and to her dismay, posing for pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Cozy kitty! How darling

Chloe cute!

This is cool. The vet that runs the Wildlife Center is my vet. Click the link for video.

Ducks at OSU Rounded Up to Safety

UPDATE: Ducks at OSU Rounded Up to Safety

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Volunteers stepped in Wednesday to help relocate more than two dozen ducks from a pond at Ohio State University that threatens to freeze over and leave the ducks starving.

ABC6-Fox28 News first reported the issue Tuesday night, prompting a group of locals, including ABC6-Fox28 Reporter Adam Slinger, to help collect the ducks -- by hand -- at Fred Beekman Park at OSU. The tactic: scare the ducks out of the water and catch ‘em.

The effort comes after the Ohio Wildlife Center reported answering nearly two dozen calls about the ducks running dangerously low on swimming water. As the local temperature continues to drop, more and more water freezes up.

The Center told ABC6/FOX28 that the ducks are not "wild" ducks and most likely cannot fly. Without being able to fly, they're less likely to be able to find a new source of water, said Dr. Donald Burton, of the Ohio Wildlife Center.

While the Center doesn’t have jurisdiction over the ducks, its staff still volunteered their time to get the animals to a safer location.

In total, eight volunteers took about an hour to round-up the ducks. Slinger helped out, catching two ducks.

The ducks are being taken to the Wildlife Center, where several people have expressed interest in bringing the ducks to ponds on their property -- where the water won’t freeze this winter.

Chloe is a beautiful girl!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I always enjoy stories about caring people who go the extra mile for animals.
    Thanks for sharing.

UNKLESCOTT -- Stories like that always make me realize their are some good people left in the world.

MRD

Glad I don't live in Florida now. I couldn't stand to look at them when I was there. If one fell out of a tree on me, I think I'd have a heart attack.

Cold Iguanas Free-Fall From Trees - Miami News Story - WPLG Miami
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I thought the same thing Mrd ( glad I don't live in Florida)
    I don't like lizards of any kind....shudders... yuck!
    Glad my cats do

+ Reply to Thread