+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Well I'm happy to report Princess is just fine. The vet feels she reverted back to her feral ways because of all of the change. She should come around as she gets used to the environment more. She's not sick, just scared and trying to protect herself.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3782217;
    Well I'm happy to report Princess is just fine. The vet feels she reverted back to her feral ways because of all of the change. She should come around as she gets used to the environment more. She's not sick, just scared and trying to protect herself.
    I'm very happy to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3782211;
    I love your accent, queenb! And boo-boo is pretty cute, too.
    Between the accent, bronchitis, and baby talking to the kitty, I thought I could have probably posted a transcript as well--how many here couldn't understand a word?

Buglover, I'm glad princess is coming around!

Anyway, I came here to post the following..I was looking for a purse with a cat pattern when I came across this item that made me really sad, -- we will be giving a couple of dollars as this seems it will be a great outcome for this kitty, but the repair is so expensive--a little kid's cat with its shoulder blade shot with a gun and needing a leg amputation and shoulder repair. We don't know these people and would normally not post this, but it's just so sad to see buried in a huge list of kitty purses for sale... please cut, paste and click this link... mods, I hope it's ok for me to put this here, if not, sorry, and will sin no more. At least in this department.

http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=270491065198&t=1261943059000&ds=0&js=-1&ssid=0&seller=buddhamamaof3&category=117422&bv=mozilla&caz.html
    Last edited by queenb; 01-03-2010 at 08:14 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

This is such an amazing story:

B.C. family's dog saves boy from cougar attack

Updated: Sun Jan. 03 2010 20:28:38

Douglas Quan , ctvbc.ca

A cougar attacked a B.C. family's golden retriever Saturday night after the dog stepped in between the cougar and an 11-year-old boy.

Police, who later shot the cougar dead, credited the 18-month-old dog -- Angel -- for saving the boy's life.

Austin Forman had gone to retrieve some firewood outside his family's home in Boston Bar, about 200 kilometres northeast of Vancouver.

That's when the cougar began to charge across the yard at the boy.

"I was really scared. At first, I didn't know it was a cougar. I thought it was another dog," Austin told CTV News on Sunday. "As soon as it went underneath the light, I saw that it was a cougar. I knew at that moment, I had to go inside."

Angel, who had been at Austin's side, engaged the cougar, which was slightly larger than Angel.

Austin, meanwhile, ran into the house and screamed, "A cougar is eating Angel!" his mother, Sherri Forman, recalled in a phone interview with ctvbc.ca.

Forman said she had to get Austin to repeat himself a few times because he was so shaken.

Forman said she looked out the window. She couldn't see anything but could hear Angel wimpering.

"To feel so helpless, I knew I couldn't do anything," she said.

She called her father-in-law, who told her to call 9-1-1.

RCMP Const. Chad Gravelle was nearby and was on scene within a minute.

The officer found the cougar under the back porch and heard the dog cry out as the cougar chewed on its neck, police said.

The officer fired two rounds into the cougar's rear end, but the cougar continued its attack.

The officer closed in to within five feet and shot the cougar again, killing it.

Even after it was killed, the cougar's jaws were clenched on Angel's face, Forman said.

Angel was silent for a few moments but then took in a big gasp of air and got up.

Forman said Angel was recovering Sunday with a local animal caregiver. The dog has numerous puncture wounds around her head and neck, as well as a swollen eye.

Forman said before the attack, Austin had come into the house to tell the family how cute it was that Angel had been following him around.

"She must've known something was up," Forman said.

Last week, when Angel was frolicking in the snow, family members called her a "snow angel," Forman said.

"Now, she's our guardian angel."

With files from CTV British Columbia's Jon Woodward

Thanks for posting that story Cootie.

The mother calling her father-in-law instead of 911 has me a bit perplexed, but at least the story seems to have a happy ending.
    I hope Angel makes a full recovery.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never understood why, when something bad is happening/has happened, a lot of people's first instinct is to call another person and not 911. It's pretty a common move.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3782430;
    Between the accent, bronchitis, and baby talking to the kitty, I thought I could have probably posted a transcript as well--how many here couldn't understand a word?
    I am available for translation.

I think sometimes people in those situtations get flustered and dont' know what to do and therefore call someone they trust to tell them what to do.
    Me, I'd call 911. But I've been told I'm pretty good in an emergency anyway.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I understood you queenie. :
    The body count in Mouse Wars seems to have stabilized at 11. The boys have relaxed their guard duty. Hopefully we'll have no more. I hate mice!

That's an interesting story because just recently a mountain lion was shot and killed in Iowa and some people are in a real uproar about it, saying that the animal wasn't hurting anyone. There's been a real big debate about it in the local papers and people have gotten really vehement on both sides. The example of this animal attacking the boy and then the dog really puts a different slant on things I guess.

Btw, it's not illegal to shoot a mountain lion in Iowa so the man who killed it didn't break any laws.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Now I know how to get Princess to come out of hiding once people leave....... just open a can of wet food and she's right at my feet begging for it!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread