+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1268Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I'm not giving them the chance. :nono Body count increased by 2 overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3779855;
    I'm not giving them the chance. :nono Body count increased by 2 overnight.
    But the boys would have soooo much fun hunting them.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

They have just as much fun chasing my remote controlled cars or wadded up pieces of paper and I'm a lot more comfortable with that.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 12-30-2009 at 10:13 AM.

And besides, real mice don't contain catnip!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Photobabe, I'm so glad your story had a happy ending!!!

Unklescott, your guards look like they mean business. Adorable!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We are battling conjunctivitis over these holidays! If you think giving a pill is difficult, you should have to try to give eyedrops, singlehandedly! There is an official war going on in this house. I'm just glad that it is only 1 gurl. Miss Sashay Renee. Giving a pill is a walk in the park, by comparison.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh phroshay, I feel ya. BooBoo gets conjunctivitis very easily if I get slack about her L-Lysine, or run out, or she gets stressed because I have to be away a couple of days. So she KNOWS what the eyedrops are and that makes it worse. I'm just happy I found out about the Lysine, because it does seem to keep the attacks to one every 6-8 weeks rather than almost weekly and twice as bad.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Fortunately, for us, this is only the second attack of conjunctivitis she has had in, probably, 10 years. The last time, I remember using an ointment. Just after I posted about our war, I decided to approach her from another angle, and she gave me no resistance at all. I think this is all about the restraint thing that I found doesn't work with trying to give pills. The restraint seems to panic my gurls, and mom needs to get that through her head!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can usually give my cats pills by hand pretty easy, but I have two cats that I won't even try to give them a pill. For those, I use a "Pet Piller".
    It works great and you don't have to worry about getting nipped.
    The vet gave me mine, but I have seen them on 1800PetMeds website.
    We have a really large one that we use on our calves. Not fun.
    I have better luck giving eye drops or oral drops, by holding them by the scruff of the neck and lifting them off the ground with their back towards me and then giving the drops. They can't see what I'm doing and it works good for me. Hope she feels better soon.
    My dogs are so much easier... I can usually poke their pills in a treat.

Princess is acting extremely strange...... this morning we were cleaning the downstairs as the landlord was coming to get the rent checks. After we finished vacuuming, etc. we went back upstairs and about 4 minutes later......BAM! a really loud noise happened. We ran downstairs and the cat had tried to get into one of the upper cupboards (which has never ever happened before) and knocked a wine glass out of the cupboard which broke on the floor. As soon as we got into the kitchen she hissed (she never does this either). I figured that maybe the new neighbors and their noise from cleaning is upsetting her so I put her in the downstairs bathroom with her food and litter box for now. I keep going into the bathroom and talking to her, sitting there with her but she's still freaked out and won't even meow.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread