+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3769303;
    Any friends I have that are allergic - we go somewhere, I have always refused to lock anyone up. (except the friends of course)
    Same here. It's my boys' house and I'm not shutting them away. Beyond not wanting the boys to be unhappy, the extremely loud and unrelenting howling would pretty much put a damper on events.

Though we have a violently allergic friend who has been coming to our house nearly every Wednesday for the past ten years, and his allergies have apparently disappeared. And so have mine. Apparently regular contact isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3769935;
    I tell people ahead of time I have dogs and give them the option of coming over, or going elsewhere. I will vaccuum and clean up and I will put the dogs in the bedroom with the door shut for an hour or two, but no longer as I don't belive in keeping them locked up. This is their house too and they are used to having free reign of it.

My signature line IS my motto.
    And it is all called FURniture for a reason, there IS fur on it.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3770052;
    My gurls "put themselves up" when company comes. For the most part, you'd never know they were around.
    Yes I love the attitude - Oh brother, those humans are at it AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3770279;
    Same here. It's my boys' house and I'm not shutting them away. Beyond not wanting the boys to be unhappy, the extremely loud and unrelenting howling would pretty much put a damper on events.

Though we have a violently allergic friend who has been coming to our house nearly every Wednesday for the past ten years, and his allergies have apparently disappeared. And so have mine. Apparently regular contact isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    I knew someone that had that happen, after a period of regular exposure, the allergies subsided.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3770420;

I knew someone that had that happen, after a period of regular exposure, the allergies subsided.
    That's how allergy shots work.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Oh and animal hair on clothing? It IS an accessory!!! Just like my scarf or earrings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3770279;
    I'm more allergic to cats than dogs because we had a dog when I was growing up. I don't even think I was allergic to dogs until I went off to school and wasn't around her as often. Even so, it's not a bad allergy.

I have a friend who never had any animal allergies at all.
    Then, just after she gave up her cat very unceremoniously, she developed one -to cats.
    I think she may realize it's just poetic justice - or perhaps cat justice - in her case.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3769137;
    I have a question for all you pet owners out there. How do you handle entertaining and family or friends who are allergic to your pet?
    I probably should have really dug up the "rant about your in-laws" thread for this question!! It was really more about an-in-law-that-shall-not-be-named than pets.

I noticed a while ago that it had been years since a certain in-law had taken their turn (turn being used lightly because there isn't a definite rotation) at hosting family holiday gatherings. I didn't say anything, but made a mental note of the last time I'd been in their house.

The years kept passing and finally at about 8, I said something to mr. veejer. He excused them for having a small house or something. But now we are at 10 years, and believe it or not, he brought it up with his mother. My MIL explained that said-in-law's reason was my allergies to their cats.

My allergies are mild and I don't recall making a fuss over it, but who knows what I said 10 years ago that put this in-law off!!!! I have no problem taking an antihistamine and sitting on a chair that the cats don't like, as long as this in-law vacuums good to get rid of most of the dander. I do that when my friends are entertaining. In fact, one friend has a cat that positively INSISTS that I pet her whenever I'm over. She won't leave me alone until I do. So I pet her and then immediately wash my hands.

Oh well, there is probably more to it than my allergies to their cats. Thanks for listening to my rant. I don't dislike cats, I just avoid them to avoid the allergies. In fact, I find the neighborhood cats fascinating to watch.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Thought you guys might enjoy a daily dose of CUTE!
    Stumbled on to this site. Haven't had time to even start to look at it all.

The Cute Project - Collecting the World's Cuteness!

One of my favorites: LOLOLOL

MRD

Veejer, I'm like you. I don't dislike cats. Love them. Just have to avoid them. And everyone I know with a cat, that cat heads right over to me and wants in my lap too.
    My skin breaks out, I sneeze and my chest gets tight and I start wheezing. Even antihistimes don't really work well for me. I've had this allergy since I Was a child.
    I was told that all allergies change every 7 years. This one hasn't.

MRD

I have met the infamous Henry. And he is so funny and cute and such a lovey.
    Henry's parents are nice too.

+ Reply to Thread